503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

If you use Windows make sure you have Network discovery turned on. The device should then show up in Windows Explorer. You will have to enter your credentials the first time most likely. You can create a desktop shortcut with a path that looks like “DEVICE NAME\Public” as the target.
I run 3 EX2 devices. One at a client office, one in my home office that one backs up to every night and a personal one in my home. All are accessible via Windows Explorer. The only problem a ATM is remote web access. Everything else is just fine including the backup feature.

If you want to recover remote access until WD re establishes service, you can install in your NAS GoodSync, or SyncaThing, or Resilio. Theses are sync apps…it’s not the same as WD remote access but at least you can download the files you need.

1 Like

Se puede conectar con My Cluod Home en local, indicando en el navegado de internet, la IP Adress.

Para saber cual es la IP adress de ;y Cloud Home se puede utilizar el programa gratuito Net WNetWatcher.

Un saludo

I also can’t access my files! I believe this is happening to many affected people and can Western Digital support team do something about this? Can you please suggest a practical solution for people like us here.

There may also be a lot of people who are not IT savy (just like myself) and
don’t know what to do, when all my business files and project files are not accessible.

Can Someone please seriously looking into this and provide a practical solution?

1 Like

WD suffers cyber attack

1 Like

Western Digital what’s the ETA on this it’s been 2 days now

How can I do it on my iPhone ?

First install GoodSync for WDMyCloud on the NAS and create the account. Then install GoodSync Explorer for iPhone.

hacking western digital services cloud:

1 Like

Same here

1 Like

I’ve had the same problem for two days, I don’t access My Cloud in any way (PC or smartphone). The quality of HD products is really bad.

1 Like

There is the same issue since April 2. I reset all my routers and the WD My Cloud Home. Please WD fix it ASAP!!!

1 Like

Is there a video that we can follow?

https://status.mycloud.com/os4

:pray:t2:

Joel Montas
CAT Equiments For Rent

Network Administrator Ti
DroneFlights

Western Digital is currently experiencing a service outage impacting the following products: My Cloud, My Cloud Home, My Cloud Home Duo, My Cloud OS5, SanDisk ibi, SanDisk Ixpand Wireless Charger.

We are working to restore service. We apologize for any inconvenience. Service Status and updated notifications can be monitored at http://status.mycloud.com/os4

2 Likes

Hopefully Western Digital can help us get the service back up again sooner. I believe this can be solved , its just some programming needs to be fixed.

What measures is Western Digital is taking to prevent any future occurance of future such issues?

Suggestions for Prevention - Western Digital can consider setting up a backup system or that is separate from the main server, in which this is back up every end of day, with minimum people accessing to this backup system.

2nd suggestion is to create a temporary access link, with setting up of parameters for users to so that we can get access and retrieve files from our existing individual devices. This could be either a subdomain of mycloud/home, mycloud or whatever. This allows users to still get access to their files. Yes, files are stored on individual’s devices, create an accessible link … something like how we can “reinstall” the setup devices (just like when we have gotten our new devices), and remember to set it to retrieve the existing working files & retain working data.

Something around such kind of solution, can someone work on this… .

[As an example one client] suffered a serious ransomware incident. In this case, they felt the ransom payment demand was something they could and should pay. So they paid it out on day one and got the decryption key.

But the ransomware had impacted most servers in the business. More than 5,500 servers were affected. In this case resource was not an issue. They hired staff where they needed them and supported the efforts financially as necessary, with the single goal of getting the business fully operational as quickly as possible.

Even with unlimited resources, it took three months to get them 95% recovered – and that was the most they could achieve, as some systems had been corrupted and could not be recovered

Can you fix this already?
This has been an head hache is there any option besides wifi connection? direct cable or something?
Please help.
thank you

1 Like

An back on - line? `I still have no connection…what’s going on here