New Release - Firmware Version 2.06.10 for WD TV Live Hub (5/17/11)

pjclark1 wrote:

It’s added another navigation level to the Video and Files sections.

Note to geeks … pressing more buttons to do the same thing is BAD!

yes i dont like the extra layer in videos now i have to dig down to get where my media is

RoofingGuy wrote:

You’re still free to keep voting over in the ideas lab, but I don’t get why anyone would want this.

I want it because I am lazy and don’t want to get up to change the volume. I don’t want to use another remote, because I have a hard enough time keeping track of a single remote.

Granted I could spend $$$ and buy a universal which I could than spend the time to program for both my TV and WD TV Live Hub… but it would be nice not to have to…

That’s what universal remotes are for. :slight_smile:

This new “games” folder is a joke. They are what, for 2 years old?? 

Also, i noticed that fan got louder, but i’m not sure if it’s connected to f/w. It was quiter, now it sounds  almost as loud as old  VCR.

Hi,

I have also noticed the fan is louder now too. I also had a problem with the firmware not “sticking” the first time around.

I had to go through the update firmware process for a 2nd time for it to actually update itself.

Apart from that everything else seems ok at moment although i havent played around with it too much since the update.

mdma

Subtitles / Audio osd menu while DVD backup video playback doesn’t show up when you try to change the subtitles language and audio from remote control.

Hi :slight_smile:

I’m having some good experiences with this firmware :slight_smile: The menu is very responsive and quick. Sadly it has one big drawback for me. The internetconnection is not working with this FW although the Hub is visible in my network. I think it has something to do with the DNS settings. (I’m not allowed to chance modem-settings because it has a business environment). Strangely version 2.04.13 is working fine for me. Does anyone have a solution for me?

Another drawback is that I’m forced to upgrade by USB because I’m forced to upgrade to 2.05.08 first. That will crash instantly with no other option than to downgrade manually.

Although the firmware isn’t always perfect, I’m very happy with this player.

I have no network problems on this firmware, the IP is set static in the hub, I’m able to see it from xp and windows7 and other pc’s running boxee and xbmc…

ramx2 wrote:

Subtitles / Audio osd menu while DVD backup video playback doesn’t show up when you try to change the subtitles language and audio from remote control.

I don’t think it ever did do that.   

It WILL indicate the Audio / Subttitle track if you select it via the GUI instead of the remote buttons.

Tony,

I know it DOES show up if you select it from the menu, that’s why I mentioned the remote control buttons!

Right, but it’s always been like that…  It’s not new to this firmware…

Need some help here.

I tried to install latest firmware and got the message that my network connection was broken.  Checked the settings and it said the DNS server and internet was down but IP address good.  I tried youtube and accuweather to check the connection, and everything appeared fine. 

Next, I refreshed everything and tried the check connection again.  Still says the DNS and internet are down.  Has anyone had this experience and been able to fix it?  It doesn’t really seem to mess with my ability to do anything EXCEPT install the latest firmware.

I’m coming from 2.05.08, so didn’t think the double update should be an issue

Thanks

This firmware has messed up all my files organisation in a way…

Well,

with earlier firmwares, my file structure was like this:

foldername/

fordername.xml

movie1.mkv

movie2.mkv

movie3.mkv

Now with the latest firmware,

I have to make an xml file for each of my video files!

Please make it like earlier !

with this firmware, the hub is caching all picture files in a folder named

.miocrawler_cache

Are you sure ?

I kept checking it, but all it was doing was caching the wallpapers.

Yes all pics, thumbnails, moviesheets

Thats bizarre, all I had in mine was wallpaper copys with number/letter abbreviations.

I did have a thumbs folder, but that just saved folder jpgs as .thumb files, I never saw copys of my moviesheets anywhere.

firetix wrote:

with this firmware, the hub is caching all picture files in a folder named

.miocrawler_cache

That’s correct behavior.   This is for the WD Photos Application.   I’m not sure if DISABLING that function in the Hub’s UI will stop it.

Dear WD Dev Team,

what is this .miocrawler_cache folder for? and why its caching the images on it? its slow down the device and the connection to it which you and every one know how slow it is!

How can we stop the caching? and also what the other folder named console is for?

And if this folders are necessary for any reason so how much space it required to use? and please don’t tell me it required as much as I have images!

For other users, Is it really responsive interface (UI) or its only me feel its more slower than before!

Thanks

Did you not read the post above yours ?

Try disabling it as suggested.

As with any cache though, once you have it thats it done, cold reboots will make it re-compile again.

As far as the interface goes, those folders will make no difference, if you mean compiling time then yes, but if you are not adding anything, there is nothing new to compile.