X.y.color mode

Can you add x.y.color mode as the most of the new and current HD TV/Plasma support the x.y.color mode. Using a Hitachi HD Plasma and sadly the current firmware does not support the x.y.color mode.

Your post sounds more like an Idea or a Feature Request. The best place for this is in our Ideas Lab. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it. However, I would search first and make sure that there isn’t another idea similar to yours that you could add your post to and vote on.

Ideas Lab
http://community.wdc.com/t5/community/categorypage/category-id/idea

Out of interest what is x.y.color mode. I don’t see that on my Toshiba HD TV.

I don’t think there’s any issue here.   He’s referring to xvYCC Expanded color gamut.

HDMI supports RGB, YCbCr color spaces.  Only HDMI 1.3 can support xvYCC color space.

xvYCC on my TV is available only when I use the YCbCr on wd player. For RGB it is grayed out. But i don’t see any differences when xvYCC is on or off, also no differences beetween YCbCr and RGB High on wd.

Right.   All you’re doing with turning xvYCC on on your display is telling the HDCP processor to tell the attached component that the panel supports that color space.