WTDV Miracast and WIndows 10 Mobile

Hi all,
I’ve got a Lumia 640 Windows phone. Up until recently, it was running Windows 8.1, and Miracast to the WDTV used to work pretty well. (I always had a problem with the sound on Channel4 and Channel5 OnDemand apps, but that’s another story)
However, now I have upgraded my phone to Windows 10, it doesn’t work at all. It seems to start connection, but then after about 20-30 seconds, it says somthing like connection has failed due to a poor connection. Nothing has changed except the change of OS on the phone.

Anyone else seen this, and more importantly anyone managed to fix it? I found a post → [here] (Miracast and the Lumia 950XL) with essentially the same problem on a Lumia 950XL, but there was no resolution.

Thanks,

Chris.

If they share the same base mobile operating system and no solution was provided then unfortunately the Community did not find a workaround, or it was not shared with other Users once discovered.

A firmware update was recently released for your Media Player. Perhaps it may be able to address the issue at hand.