Where can I find movie sheets information?

I am brand new to this concept, and I could not find anything in the manual about them.  And while there are many threads here about them, finding a starting point to begin learning about them through thread searches is nearly impossible.  So can someone point me to where I can read up on what they are, what they give you, and what can be done to customize them?  Thanks.

there’s a couple of ways to go about it

the first way

is to use the WD’s internal media scaper

this will download and create all the files needed

the second way

is to use a 3rd party program like thumbgen

to generate everything from a computer

1 Like

Thank you so much for the information.  I will check out the Thumbgen application.  But I am completely new to movie sheets.  I don’t know the first thing about them.  For me, anyway, I need to read some kind of introductory information about them first, in order to understand any application I may use to work with them.  Do you, or does anyone, know of a place that has any such introduction to movie sheets where I can go to read about them?

And thank you again, everyone, for your help.

Tinwarble has a good guide on thumbgen, which includes what settings to use

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Discussions/Mojo-for-the-SMP-Updated-9-29-12/m-p/287022#M840

this link is to one of his theme’s

the theme itself is not necessary, just follow the thumbgen guide linked in his post

1 Like

Thank you.  That’s a lengthy thread, but I’ll read through it.  Let me ask one more (hopefully) simple question.  Are movie sheets, then, just for adding your own visual styles and movie information to your folder structure, or can they be used like a quasi-menu for your movies?  In other words, if you want to include all of the features that come along with the movie on the disc, can they all be organized using movie sheets in your own “menu” on the TV Live?

Thanks again.

moviesheets are just a picture file.jpg that gets displayed so no menu’s

although the player itself does support DVD menu’s if encoded properly in iso or dvd format

I’m sure there’s good tips in that thread

but look at the first post

there’s a link to thumbgen guide, which is what I suggest you follow to get started

1 Like

Will do.  Thank you again for the help.