What on earth with remote access on my cloud?

I have setup mycloud on my local network and didn’t have any problems connecting to it while on my wifi network or from my media player in the living room. However, when I try to access remotely using my samsung galaxy s2 , I’m having a big issue. I can log in to my account online and I see my device. But, when I select my device and having waitwd for 3-4 minutes i get this message : “Unable to acess device (0)”.

do i have to enable port forwarding on my router? or no ? this is the status in general - status - remote acess: 

…Cloud Access

Remote Access 
ON

Configure »

Connection Status Connected 

Port forwarding connection established.

ANYBODY HELP?

See if this gets you anywhere:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/HOW-TO-Troubleshooting-Remote-Connectivity-Issues/m-p/617261#M1130

i can’t see which port is given to my wd  so i cannot test it. any other ideas?

parlapipis wrote:

I have setup mycloud on my local network and didn’t have any problems connecting to it while on my wifi network or from my media player in the living room. However, when I try to access remotely using my samsung galaxy s2 , I’m having a big issue. I can log in to my account online and I see my device. But, when I select my device and having waitwd for 3-4 minutes i get this message : “Unable to access device (0)”.

do i have to enable port forwarding on my router? or no ? this is the status in general - status - remote access: 

…Cloud Access

Remote Access 
ON

Configure »

Connection Status Connected 

Port forwarding connection established.

ANYBODY HELP?

As you write (bold text)  there is no problem with wan connectivity to your MyCloud BUT remember that mobile internet access even 4g/lte is not a reliable option to transfer files no matter where they come from. 

Additionally MyCloud apps for mobile phones is a basic soft. 

Enable ftp on MyCloud and use a ftp client on your phone/tablet to have more chances of success.