Western Digital My Book Essential 1.5 TB

within the last two weeks my Western Digital My Book Essential 1.5 TB USB 3.0/2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive has been giving ridiculously slow transfer speeds to my desktop

I downloaded the latest firmware from WD itself and it worked fine for two days and now it won’t even come on…I have all my files on this…please tell me you can recover it?

I downloaded the WD drive utilities tool on my desktop and it ran and said some bad sectors were found and that’s it…It doesn’t turn on and I don’t know what to do…is there software I can use to recover my files?

Hi Veshjay,

Is the drive showing up in the disk management or in disk utility if you are using a Mac computer?

It’s showing up in disk management and I’m on a pc, i can’t access any files on it no matter what I do. It is totally frustrating to trust a stupid company like this to make a “solid” drive you can backup all your important stuff on and it goes and crash and you’re left with nothing but to pay these same “smart people” a lot of money to have MY STUFF recovered! I WILL NEVER SUPPORT WD EVER AGAIN!

Nirvesh J