Western Digital Dashboard Problem

Yeah, I don’t know why they haven’t addressed it or pipped in here to comment.
In either event, do you have the 3.4.2.9 installer? If not I can help you.

I contacted wd support they are aware that the latest update appearing in the update option of wd dashboard still doesn’t fix our current problem on windows 10. They are hoping the engineers will have it fixed in the next update and recommend we stay on 3.4.2.9 until then.

Sssooo I went to dashboard download page and saw a newer version (4/20(haha)) release date. I was like ok cool they fixed it I downloaded it It crashes exactly like the version before They didn’t fix anything Makes me nervous about this company

1 Like

Made a account to comment that I’m having the same issue.
Fresh installation of Windows 11 on 5950X / X570-E Gaming and I’ve got Razer software (if that’s even related).
The dashboard crashes instantly on start with both the regular- as well as the standalone installer for latest Version: 3.6.2.7 | Installer: 5.1.2.1.

I have the same issue, before reinstall windows 11 the dashboard works correctly, but after reinstall the app closes automatically. Confirm that I have the razer synapsed installed with windows 11 pro as OS.

I just installed Dashboard v3.6.2.7 and it crashes for me too.It will start loading, and says ‘Loading’ for a second, and then completely disappears. I just found a work-around. My laptop has a single SSD installed - a WD 2TB on the motherboard. If I connect a second SSD to the laptop (using an M.2 connector board and a USB port), Dashboard will now load and displays the WD SSD. The second SSD doesn’t have to be a WD SSD - seems like any make of board works.

registered to give a new link in case this one becomes dead

i had same issue and 3.5 and 3.6 crash during software loading
i thought at some point it may be a hardware issue but turns out it’s just a bug to fix from western digital

here is a mirror link in case old is not available anymore : DashboardSetupSA3.4.2.9 (mediafire.com)

it will be faster to download too
thanks for making this post!

Everyone, 3.7.2.5 is just out and it seems to fix the issue for me. Running Windows 11, Dell XPS 9710, WD SN850 nvme drive.

Also fixed the problem for me on Win 10 pro

Hi guys, i’m trying 3.7.2.5 on my windows 11, but the dashboard keeps “Loading…” forever.
I’ve also uninstalled/reinstalled, but no way.

Where i can find the 3.4 to test it?

I downloaded 3.7.2.5 and it seems to run fine except I am trying to erase my SSD (500GB - WDC WDBNCE500PNC-WRSN) on my Dell Inspiron 17R on Windows 10. I am using this laptop as a test machine for my Retrospect Backup and DR. I created a bootable USB, but I don’t see anything that says Sanitize in the USB and the Sanitize button is greyed out. The USB has a Boot, EFI, and syslinux folders and 3 files:

embedded-toolkit.cfg
rootfs.cpio.gz
vmlinuz

If more information is needed, please let me know and any ideas would be great!

Thanks in advance

Windows 11, just upgraded to latest, and it runs for 6 seconds and crashes. I can’t tell you the version, since WD does NOT populate the file details structure for the EXE. But the setup engine says 3.8.2.8. I believe I had 3.5.2.7 before upgrade. After uninstall of 3.8.2.8 and attempt to re-install 3.5.2.7, it said ‘Loading’ for about 1 minute maybe a bit more and then finally showed the status on my WD_BLACK SE NVMe SSD 500 GB device.

If it helps…

Computer

Manufacturer: AZW
Model: GT-R
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx
Secure Boot: Off

Operating System

Name: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Version: 2009
OS Build: 22621.963
System Type: 64-bit Operating System

It is a Beelink Mini PC.

1 Like

Can get the 3.7.2.5 standalone on major geeks Download Western Digital SSD Dashboard (WD SSD Dashboard) 3.7.2.5

On 3.8.2.8 you can try adding command line flag -opengl angle to work around loading crash until a fix is released.

3.8.2.8 appears to have been pulled to be fixed.

3.8.2.10 does same thing on my system. Have not been able to use since version 2.5.0.0.
0x18e7418 Critical: ‐‐ js: “Chroma connection FAILED FILE_NOT_FOUND”
0x18e7418 Critical: ‐‐ js: “Uncaught (in promise) #”
Always same thing.

The Chroma thing is not related to the issue described here.
If you are having issue with blank screen you can try the workaround posted by this user:

Another Win10 user with the white-screen problem, this time using the latest version, 3.8.2.10 with a 1TB SN570 NVMe drive. FWIW, I suspect the drive used is not the reason for the problem. I fixed my problem with the -disable-gpu -no-sandbox fix. Then the engineer in me took over: I played around and found the just the -disable-gpu flag was enough to fix my white screen.

Since this fix seems to work for many Win10 users with various WD drives and different versions of the app, perhaps the simplest solution would be to have the app itself turn off/avoid GPU use. I can’t imagine that GPU acceleration is necessary in an app of this kind – or even makes a noticeable difference.

Regards,
-BW

I’m having an issue with current version 3.8.2.10 on windows 8.1. I open program and it is stuck on loading screen. I’ve tried rebooting PC and reinstalling program with no luck in fixing it. Anyone got a version I could try that may work? I have a WD My Book HDD and a WD Blue SSD desperately needing a firmware update.

1 Like

I just bought a WD Blue SA5120 2.5 1TB SSD and wanted to install Dashboard to see if it needs an update.

The version that installed is 3.8.2.10
and it won’t launch. It just spins at “loading”.

Clearly, this Dashboard software has been a problem for well over a year and WD should fix the thing once and for all!

How are people supposed to update their drives if the stupid software won’t even load and/or is so buggy.

As someone who was a programmer before, I have to say, this is NOT impressive, especially now in 2023!!!

The drive is working fine (or so it seems) and perhaps the firmware is the latest… but I have no way of knowing.

1 Like