We have passed this along to support

After updating my firmware I was going to let this post slide after you answered so eloquently, however… with all these bugs in the new OS3 I have been reading and reading… and trying to figure out why my USB doesn’t connect…

So here is another post that went under the “We have passed this along to support.”

Folders Within Public Share Read-Only after Firmware Update

I didn’t read the whole thread because I was getting frustrated at the fact that it was all users that tried to resolve the problem. Where are you guys? 

Now the reason that I’m looking into the Public Share folder is that I don’t know if the USB problem is related to the public folder.

Bear with me… I keep getting the feeling that this forum is full of whinners and it is really really getting to me, because I’m one of them too… and I’m getting frustrated more and more by the minute.

I turned off sharing of my Public folder in FW version 3.04 and 4.00x on both cloud by using the edit Public name which gives an error, then I would turn off Public. After I upgraded to 4.04, I cannot turn on public on the public share folder.

I see in my logs, the attempt to mount the USB to the Public directory of which this public thing might be the problem.

So… that is now in another post… but yes… I know you have a dozen WD products and there are multiple forums and perhaps there are only one Bill_S and perhaps a couple of tech guys… and no QA, but that is, as much as I would like to sympathize with you, that is really WD’s problem to get enough support.

This read-only Public folder needs to be looked at also. So I’m bringing back up this post.

Do something… and please don’t try to convince me how overworked and stressed you are (perhaps you are not) but I’m absolutely frustrated. I know you are trying… but it isn’t enough… really… 

from the customer side, I just spent 3 days copying, backing up my files, upgrading, troubleshooting, now I’m stuck…