WDTV Live Plus Limited Public Beta Firmware Version 1.03.43_B (10/19/10)

The Beta is still behaving OK.

As per other users and some of my other posts, I am currently using DVDFab and Handbrake together to make MKV files that average ~1.2 Gig and play in full Dolby Digital 5.1 - nice.

As for things which remain…

• Any thoughts on when the Beta will go to Production ?  Or a Beta 2 ?

• The fast forward options are still really kludgy, there must be a better way to implement them.

• I am using Pandora, Youtube, and Netflix more and more and as such, the wirelles keyboard interaction is VERY important.  Please focus and test here as much as possible.  How about a mouse ?  My keyboard came with one…

• Along the keyboard lines, all is fine in netflix navigation wise, but I cannot use the ENTER key so actually select the movie once found.  I need to have my remote sitting around just to “click OK”.

• For those who watch pr0n, an option to “reset network password on startup” would be nice.  I know there is a manual reset option - but…   don’t want junior to wander into network shares too easily :-/  and pr0n is usually viewd late whilst inebriated - so - an auto reset of the net password is IMO in order.

• Please speed up boot time(VERY slow for me) and menu navigation somewhat if possible.

• Any way to add basic “current time” and “current weather/ tomorrows weather” to the main page ? (Like Viewsonic has…)

• When listening to a song and the unit goes into screensaver mode - use the album cover and/or song properties text in a moving box - rather than the WD logo in a moving box.  You’ll get enough advertising through word of mouth if you do this right.

That’s all for now - thanks guys and keep up the good work :smiley:

BTW - a friend just bought a WD Live Plus after seeing mine in action.  He wants a web browser like the other one I had - the Viewsonic.  I returned it for a number of reasons, but it did have a simple browser.

WD has released the official firmware update for the WD TV Live Plus.  Therefore, I am closing this thread.