WDMyCloud no access, no blue light

Well, I’m having the same issue now. Did anyone find out a fix for this?

1 Like

This is ridiculous. All of us can’t be having the same issue? If I lost my data, I’m gonna lose my mind!
Did you ever get a solution?

No, these are about as useless as they get. Lost data and gone in the bin

I have the same Issue. Ethernet blinking green, bottom light on the back on the drive is solid green. Front LED flashes orange, then solid orange then dark. No access on the network. I followed all the reset instructions. None worked. We did have a power outage for abor 30 seconds. Seems to corrolate to the time this began. I just what the pictures of my son that died in a motorcycle accident last year. How do I pull the images off this drive? I can feel the drive spinning so the drive seems fine. Tried every ethernet cable I own. I assume I need to remove the drive and put into a different enclosure. Does anyone have instructions on this process?

A number of YouTube videos can be found on the process of extracting the hard drive from a single bay My Cloud enclosure. One can then connect that hard drive to their computer using a; USB to SATA adapter, or a USB to SATA docking station, or a spare SATA port on the computer. To properly read the drive that computer would need to be running Linux, or a third party Linux driver to recover their user files from the fourth partition (typically an EXT4 formatted partition) on the drive.

There are a number of past discussions on using a third party driver to read the extracted My Cloud hard drive under Windows 10. One such past discussion:

My Cloud dead, how to see content on Windows 10?
https://community.wd.com/t/my-cloud-dead-how-to-see-content-on-windows-10/175311

the issue is internal proprietary linux system went down, it is usually due to hdd bad sectors to corrupt the linux system.
i had taken out the hdd for study, the hdd is detectable, but some where around LBA 6,000,000-10,000,000 contains about 500 bad sectors. i check later with partition table, there are 3 partition sitting on the above LBA region, include the bootable linux system files. hence i making above conclusion.
luckily the data zone, LBA start from 9,xxx,xxx are free from damage, thus i copied out all the data without problem