I need the expertees to give me the proper advise
I purchased hard drive My Book 500 GB (wd5000aacs) since 2009
_ In October 2010 _
The hard drive fall down to the ground while its connected and damaged
i recognized the sound of heads ( damaged heads )
as you can listen here to the sound number 1 in knocking sounds
So, the solution to swap plates into new one.
I found many articles and all of them confirm that i have to get donor hard drive same model and firmware
I recognized the model but how to identify the firmware? (note: i didn’t tried to upgrade it, original factory firmware)
DATE: 31 JUL 2008
DCM : HARNNTJMAB
Now i have many questions, please be patient
- What is the percent of the data recovery if successful swap occured?
- How many times the hard drive will be worked ( giving me enough time to copy about 400 GB ?)
- It will work on Windows 7 normally or what?
- Should i prepare isolated incubator such as microbilogy labs or just clean room with no air flow?
- Where i can find the same hard drive
- The hard drive not touched over 3 years, does it affect on the data recovery?
Thanks and waiting to the advise