wd2go, desktop app, FTP access - everchanging access problems

I have FTP access working, miraculously. Win desktop + Android apps not working, wd2go.com not working - but using FIleZilla I can access the My Cloud as an FTP server and download files. Few problems though:

• The FTP server only shows what’s stored internally on the My Cloud, the externally connected harddrive is not there ? There is only one user and that user has all right to all shares, including on external drive, so the problem is not access rights. 

• The FTP server lets me download, nothing more nothing less - i.e. deleting, moving, uploading does not work. Just another unsolvable problem or what ? 

• wd2go website will now only allow me to map the (empty) Public share, other shares are listed but clicking “open in explorer” gives this message:

execution failed: 1244

System error 1244 has occurred

The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not authenticated

There is only one user, the admin user, and I’ve registered only once when first purchasing the My Cloud several months ago and used the same account since. Also, can’t physically access the device, so can’t enter Dashboard to do anything atm - maybe later, if so what should I do ?

Mapping through wd2go.com is really the best long-term option if it only worked properly, allowing (with decent internet speeds) to operate the drive remotely but just as it was a local drive. In that regard - is there any way to ensure that mapping through wd2go.com assigns the same drive letters each time ? Any way to specify these drive letters ? Any way to maintain mapping throughout remote computer reboots ?

• Windows desktop app at least starts, for the first time in several months, but “opening” anything for streaming just gives a never-completing “Getting started” window … not even a small-size picture file is ever loaded… ? 

• Android app usually just gives “Cannot connect” message these days … that used to be the safest bet. 

Any suggestions most welcome. Thanks :slight_smile: Sophie

Hi SophieH, see if the following link heps. 

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/HOW-TO-Troubleshooting-Remote-Connectivity-Issues/m-p/617261#U617261

I have been able to use the method above using the wd2go but it auto sets the drive letter, is there anyway to change or use a specific drive letter and not just the next one avaliable?  I have a database where the frontend resides on my machine (Access) and the Backend (tables and queries) reside on the WDMYCLOUD.  I am looking for a fix or work around.