WD TV vs. WD TV Live Plus

I have a WD TV Live Plus and I love it for audio files but it’s not so good on images. The problem I have with it is that I have one folder in particular which has close to 10,000 images in it. If I have the image settings set to shuffle, and I play a slideshow, it shows the images in shuffle mode but it tends to select only the first few hundred images to choose from rather than the entire folder. Even if I scroll down the list of images to # 4500, for instance. and start the slide show from there, it will show that image and then go right back the the first few hundred images and show nothing but those without ever going to any images outside of that group.

Two questions:

Does anyone here know how to correct that problem in a WD TV Live Plus?

Does anyone here have the same problem with the newer WD TV?

Hello,

I have not tried this, but lets see if another user can share some tips and information on this matter.

This is an affliction of the Plus that was never fixed. We spent a lot of time on this subject back in the day and I dug up the old thread in the archive. It affects pictures and music equally.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Firmware/Random-doesn-t-seem-random-any-more/td-p/91982/highlight/true

The good news is it was resolved on the SMP and presumably the latest WDTV player is also free of this issue.