WD Tv Live Streaming latest model (wdbgxt0000nbk) How to get movie artwork

Total newbie here

Just purchased the latest UK model of wd tv live streaming (wdbgxt0000nbk)

All my media is located on my WD My Book Nas.

Question - how do i get the box to show movie artwork?

Is there a specific way of doing this and if so what should the structure be? ie all my movies are in one movies folder. Does each movie have to be in separate folders. Is there any program to use to do moviesheets or do i just have to put the movie .jpg in the folder.

Sorry for asking but any help would be appreciated.

eightieslad wrote:

Total newbie here

Just purchased the latest UK model of wd tv live streaming (wdbgxt0000nbk)

All my media is located on my WD My Book Nas.

Question - how do i get the box to show movie artwork?

Is there a specific way of doing this and if so what should the structure be? ie all my movies are in one movies folder. Does each movie have to be in separate folders. Is there any program to use to do moviesheets or do i just have to put the movie .jpg in the folder.

Sorry for asking but any help would be appreciated.

Movies are ok in one folder.

Go to the link below and download the relevant theme for the SMP, including the latest ThumbGen version and the user guide that includes the ThumbGen bundle.Most important READ the post and the user guide and creating moviesheets is a piece of cake!

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/BLACK-MAMBA-V1-9-with-ThumbGen-Bundles/td-p/377799

Cheers

dude add your movies folder to “my media library” and then press on options button for each movie file and pick “get  content info”  that should do it. you are probably best putting each movie in separate folders cos all files from “get content info” gets really messy if there all in one folder. there is also a setting in settings/system to auto get info FYI.

btw: it will fetch movie.jpgs too and theres no need install any other themes etc… :confused:

Where am i going wrong here? I will post a step by step guide to what im doing in the hope someone can point me in the right direction:-

I have a WDTV Live Streamer (new version) on firmware 1.11.14
All my media is located on a WD MyBook Live 2tb network nas (plugged into my router downstairs)

The WDTV live box is upstairs.

In WDTV live SMP settings - Media Library ON Get Content Info AUTO

Im clicking onto the VIDEO tab (states 0 new items and never changes)
Then i click on red button to bring up “SELECT CONTENT SOURCE”
I select Media server
I can see MYBOOKLIVE-TWONKY and click ok on that
From there i navigate to the MOVIES folder on MYBOOKlive
The movies show but there is no movie art etc just plain folders

There doesnt seem to be any scanning as such.

Please help and tell me what im doing wrong - cheers!!

Err, no no no.  :)

Media Server indeed does NOT support Artwork and all that jazz – that’s using “DLNA”. 

You want to connect to your MBL via NETWORK SHARES menu.

Go to SETUP

System

Media Library

Media Library for Network Shares

… add EACH of your Media Shares on the MBL  (Windows Shares)

After that’s done, the WDTV will spend some time “Compiling Media Library.”

Since you’ve also set “Content Info” to AUTO, it will also spend a lot of time doing “Getting Content Info.”

Once it’s complete (the messages will go away), go to VIDEOS

RED BUTTON

Select “My Media Library”

Done.

thanks for all your help on here. works fine now! much appreciated