WD TV Live Limited Public Beta Firmware Version 1.04.22_V (3/3/11)

When I hold the arrow button to adjust the subtitle position during the playback, in the top right corner the red circle appears for second or two. During thees two seconds the subtitle adjustment is not possible. The same happens with the delay buttons (left/right).

During the DVD iso playback the picture is purple with horizontal lines across the whole screen. This is how it looks like:

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/8357/wspurple.jpg
But this happen only on DVD extras, like trailers, behind the scene, etc. The main movie plays ok.

There are still stuttering in MKVs occasionly on the first few seconds of the playback.

The menu navigation is still slow sometimes, especially when the refresh rate is set to 24Hz. After reseting the unit, the navigation is fast for some time.

Connection to the Windows shares seems to be faster now, althought every time on the first attempt I get: This media server can not be accessed.

TonyPh12345 wrote:
Azumi, in your previous message you said everything works EXCEPT the new beta. Then in your last message you said NONE of the previous versions worked. Which is it? What is the LAST version that works?

Solved read my latest reply :slight_smile:

v1.04.22_V full DVD VOBs plays badly

v1.03.49 full DVD VOBs plays fine

isidro666 wrote:

v1.04.22_V full DVD VOBs plays badly

v1.03.49 full DVD VOBs plays fine

That’s because as WD has admitted the VOB problem is still not fixed.  We need to press them VERY hard to fix the VOB issue in this release.  It can’t wait another release.

I urge everyone with both Live and Plus devices to post multiple messages and send PM after PM to WD.  WE WANT THIS FIXED NOW!

kkuba wrote:

Problem with .mts files is still existing. Player can’t synchronize audio and video about 15sec! WD!!! When do You fix it??? Last firmware without this bug was 1.03.42 :cry:

I also do not understand how why the reproduction of the MTS files is so BUGGY and why it has not been fixed so far. I save all the MTS files from my camcorder as “yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss.MTS” and I remove the AVCHD structure (since the AVCHD structures are not good for image archiving, and also I can re-create the AVCHD from the MTS files if and when I needed).

With that said, my PS3 plays back the MTS files *in sequence* with a MINOR GAP between the multiple MTS files.

WDTV, on the other hand, always had a BLACK SCREEN of 5 seconds between one MTS and another. Very annoying. However WD managed to make THINGS WORSE with the latest firmwares, and now not only the 5 seconds BLACK SCREEN is there, but each MTS files starts with NO SOUND, then after a few seconds de VIDEO FREEZES, then the sound starts and only a few seconds later the video restarts in synch with the audio. And this happens for EACH MTS file from my HD camcorder!

Honestly I was expecting that my use case (playing back HD files from my HD camcorder) would be one of the top priorities for such devices. But it seems that WD does not know what they are doing… :frowning:

dsouza

I have updated to 1.04.22_V yesterday.

Redwood wrote:

kkuba wrote:

Problem with .mts files still exists. Player can’t synchronize audio and video about 15sec! WD!!! When do You fix it??? Last firmware without this bug was 1.03.42 :cry:

I have so many video clips for my Sony HD camcorder. I have to stay with 1.03.4x as long as this audio/video synch issue is not resolved with .mts files.

WD, please fix the issue in 1.04.23 before the official firmware is released!:cry:

BTW: I have a WD TV Live and a WD TV Live Plus. The issue exists in both units.

I also have the same problem since 1.04.17_V.

I had rool back to 1.03.49 which has not this problem with m2ts files created from HD Cams.

I use a Panasonic  SD5 Full HD cam.

I have uploaded a small test video here:

Testfile Panasonic Cam - BDAV format

I hope this will help to fix the problem.

Another annoying aspect is the extraordinary time you have to wait before an m2ts video starts playing.

20 seconds after starting the m2ts video is definitively to long.

I hope you can look into this issue too.

Is anyone else having problems with the downsampling of 96khz files.

Has the problem with shuffling musioc tracks been solved. ie only shuffles a few of the files in library and not from all files in library.

Will Tunein radio remain free, or will we have to subscribe at some poiny like Live365?

I’ve used RadioTIme for a year and its free. The tunein app is free and think it will remain so…but i can’t promise this.

I still have the  ogg vorbis issue in 1.04.22.  MKV file with mpeg-4 video and vorbis audio gets out of sync and has popping noises.  The same file plays great in 1.03.49. 

Do not laugh but after i rolled back to the oldest Firmware 1.x and i also redownloaded the new Beta again of the WD Site

TOSLINK IS NOW WORKING again *hooray* *hooray*

You have no idea … i tested like hours yesterday endless Firmware Updates on 2 WDs cabellings on 3 Receivers lol.

I have no clue, but it works now. And that on all my AV Receivers.

Sry for the mess but please understand that i was entirely confused tons about that issue.

I am still confused it works… i am happy now.

Thx developers  for the next Step of a near flawless sxy WD Live.

Sadly no improvements for Deezer

Still NOT working:

• albums in your Deezer favourites are not shown
  • any folders in your favourites are not shown
  • most crucially, the ability to identify and play an album is missing
    example:  You can search for the band Arcade Fire.  When you choose the band you are shown a list of songs by the band - sorted in Deezer popularity.  Unlike the normal Deezer application, you cannot select the artist or album - you can only play the tracks in popularity order.
  • search by album is not working.   The results are the same as using the “All” option.

D.

Since 1.03.43, no firmware has remembered the HDMI color space settings when the unit is placed in standby (still powered by the mains).

I select HDMI / 720p / 60Hz / RGB Low.     As soon as I put the unit in standby it reverts back to RGB High.

I know RGBHigh is the wrong settings because I have the  brightness and contrast test patterns which are a series of flashing vertical bars. With RGB High it’s only possible to see a couple of the bars because the signal is being clipped.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=948496

I’ve reverted back to 1.03.43.

(Connected to NEC HT1000 projector with DVI input)

Anyone from WD…can you confirm that 96khz has been fixed.

My Sony AV amp only displays 48khz when playing 24bit/96khz files.

Another common problem is that DTS and ACC are not passing through when running an HDMI cable from WD TV LIve to a Receiver using the audio output is on “Digital Pass-Through”.  To get audio to play from those movies I would have to set it to “Stereo”.  But that defeats the purpose because I have a surround sound system and not a 2-Channel system.

Using Toslink …:wink:

ISOS

PAL DVD 9 ISOS containing chaptered Videos do 

• play in NTSC 60 Hz instead of 50Hz

For both NTSC / PAL DVD9 Sources:

• Audio is mostly off playing DVD9 ISOS.

Modes tested : Stereo , Digital , Digital without HDMI

HDMI Audio is working entirely.

While a Track is played over the TV, having HDMI Audio on the TV Speakers

you wont hear anything over the AV Receiver  using TOSLink till you Pause, Rewind, forward.

This is not always working but sometimes Audio then comes back.

Audio is back again until the next Clip Plays, then it dissapears again.

This has been in 1.4.17 also.

PAL / NTSC DVD5 ISOS with clips do play fine in Audio both Local / Network Shares.

Also the accurate NTSC / PAL Res. is detected.

MKV

1080p / 24Hz MKV ( h264 ) do play stutterly for the first 5 Seconds in Local / NW Shares.

Auto Framerate On or Off doesnt matters here.

Just try it today,

1. HDMI video still the same

on my system (1080p 60Hz capable HDTV), HDMI still not been fixed, they always revert back to 720p 50Hz , The Release notes said that “Resolved problem where HDMI resolution could not be forced if not supported by the EDID”..

Is that EDID of my TV actually capable/no error???  because on this firmware i still can set it manual into 1080p 60Hz, although it will revert back again into 720p/50Hz on power off.

2. TOSLINK no problems

some people on prev post have problems with no sound via optical TOSLINK, but, mine works well. No Issues with most of DTS, but still no sound for Dolby-HD and DTS-MA.

1. INTERNET content

no trouble at all, new updated icon and software, all great

1. HDMI Audio

still on test, next i will post the result, and also tested on  high bit rate FLAC music …

Still seeing the delayed start for M2TS files. Around 20 sec before audio and video get on the same page. Will this be fixed in the official firmware? Worked ok in 1.03.49. Using the Canon Vixia HFS10 files made thru Pixela.

Just had strange occurence.

Played ac3 over HDMI no problems…

then played 96khz flac   …still displays 48khz…but

then wnt back to play ac3…

No sound …and amp not recieving any hdmi signal.

Tried optical…no problems swapping between formats.

There still appears to be an issue with HDMI digital passthrough.

Hi all,

I installed this beta, because I hoped it resolved one strange issue with HDMI, that I have since the deployment of the 1.03 and 1.04 series firmware.  However the latest beta didn’t resolve the following issue:

My tv set is an LG 32LG3000 with three HDMI ports.  One port is connected to a satellite receiver (Kathrein UFS 822) the other is connected to a WD TV Live.  Usually, when I use my WD TV Live, I power off the UFS 822.  When I later return to the satellite receiver, I switch off the WD TV Live, switch on the UFS 822 and change the input source of the tv set.  Having a firmware greater than 1.02.21 on the WD TV Live, I have no video signal from the satellite receiver, but I do have sound!

If I switch off the tv set and unplug it, I can get back video.  Also, if I keep the WD TV Live running, switch on the satellite receiver, change the input signal of the tv set and switch then off the WD TV Live, there is video and sound as usual.

Any ideas?

rostron

Anyone from WD…can you confirm that 96khz has been fixed.

My Sony AV amp only displays 48khz when playing 24bit/96khz files.

Same here the receiver only display 48khz.No 96/192khz.