WD TV Live Hub - Multiple Issues Suddenly

This is something that appeared to happen about two days ago and I have no idea why. My WD TV Live Hub will no longer get all of the content info when scanning. It will find the content info, it will add much of the info but it won’t add the actual film cover. Not only is it not doing this for films I’ve been adding lately but it’s did it to every film I’ve scanned the info for over the past three months. On top of that issue, I’m no longer able to change the theme on my device. I had just changed the theme last Saturday, so I’m thinking this had to have happened on Sunday. I checked my Firmware to make sure it was up to date and it says that I am. Does anyone have any ideas? This is becoming pretty aggravating. 

Try this thread:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Discussions/TMDB-Meta-Data-no-longer-works-for-internal-WDTV-movie-search/td-p/593893

Have the same issue with the theme/background, although, I can change themes no problem.  Just can’t set an image from “My Photos” as the background image all of the sudden.  Haven’t noticed any other issues yet.  Any help?

I think it is great that WD Staff is now actively helping although I don’t think the suggestion to look into the other thread will be of any fruitation since this is about an API change and a firmware fix. The OP has the latest firmware and probably has a clogged up device.

As silly my suggestion might sound to you but have unplugged the device from the power chord yet?

Are covers not showing or are they missing? Please check the folder for the covers because it happens that covers are physically there but are not being created in the thumb folder.

Here is what I would do

Delete all “funny folders” :smiley:

such as…

.miocrawler_cache

.twonkymedia.db

.uploadtemp

.wd_tv\thumb

unplug the power chord for a few seconds…

(optional… bake me a raspberry cake)
and plug the power chord back in…

that should properly reset the device

your video output resolution will reset if you do that to 720p / 50HZ, you might want to bring that back up again.