WD TV Live Firmware Update - Version 1.01.17[ New ]

Good to hear that the ‘big things’ are being addressed. I think from some of the other posts, people were/are getting frustrated and just being reassured that things are being dealt with and they haven’t bought a useless gimmick  is helpful.

Perhaps an estimate of timescales of roll out could be useful for people to ‘keep the faith’?

Thanks, wolfmanii, for your positive comments.

They are definitely addressing some of the bigger issues, but it will take some time.  I would give them a few more weeks - with testing and everything - before the next release.  After that, I know they’ll continue to roll out releases until they have dealt with the biggest issues.  WD TV Live is not going away, so I wouldn’t be concerned about them dropping the ball on the product.

1 Like

DVD ISO files can not be played with my WD TV Live in both two firmware 1.01.17(upgrade) and 1.01.10 (original).

I took me few days to read some instruction on this thread, but I gave up

Please HELP.

PS: Have a great weekend

BenNg wrote:

DVD ISO files can not be played with my WD TV Live in both two firmware 1.01.17(upgrade) and 1.01.10 (original).

I took me few days to read some instruction on this thread, but I gave up

Please HELP.

PS: Have a great weekend> * * *

.ISO’s play fine on mine, never had a problem.  i think .IMG’s don’t play, but i just rename those if i have any.

i didn’t have to configure or do anytyhing and am running it from my WDTV LIVE to my ROUTER on NETWORK SHARES.  but i’ve also played from a USB stick with no problems, stuttering or dropped signals.

Bill_S wrote: 

They are definitely addressing some of the bigger issues, but it will take some time.  I would give them a few more weeks - with testing and everything - before the next release.  After that, I know they’ll continue to roll out releases until they have dealt with the biggest issues.  WD TV Live is not going away, so I wouldn’t be concerned about them dropping the ball on the product.

Bill, That is great news. I own two WDTVLIVE and the big issues for me are;

1. The bug where “next” and “previous” broken for .ISO, VIDEO_TS and .MKV don’t work for chapters

2)  Occassional network problems when using shares.

1. Double icons when using .jpg for video material

Thanks!

Rand6 wrote:

1. Double icons when using .jpg for video material

Thanks!

well, i have a big issue with the double thumbnails when using NETWORK SHARES, so i opened up a tech question officially with WD and got a few responses.  it doesn’t look like it’s something they are currently working on, why i don’t know, it seems like a simple fix.   but anyway, here is more about their responses:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/General-Discussions/All-Media-shows-up-WHY/td-p/8556/page/2

hopefully now that i’ve opened up a question/concern and it got forwarded to their team officially thru them, perhaps they’ll look into it and they can sort it out in an upcoming firmware.

let’s hope so.

Please for the love of god  add options to create and rename folders on usb attached devices.

It will make life so much easier for me. I can’t believe this can’t do something so simple!!

I will even send a tin of quaity street choclates to your office if you can do so :wink:

it’s very funny that the WD TV LIVE HD Media Player don’t support the yellow color of SUB/IDX subtitles. it shows every thing in white!

i think this is one the first things that a device like WD TV live must support. please fix this problem with yellow color of SUB/IDX fomat.

Your post sounds more like an Idea or a Feature Request. The best place for this is in our Ideas Lab. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it. However, I would search first and make sure that there isn’t another idea similar to yours that you could add your post to and vote on.

Ideas Lab
http://community.wdc.com/t5/community/categorypage/category-id/idea

Anira wrote:

Do not waste your time here - buy a popcorn and become happy. I’ll stick on the WDTV Live.

[text deleted]  I am certain you have never worked in product development and marketing – mine is is exacly the feedback WD wants and needs.