WD Sync doesn't find device that connect to my account

I try to use WD Sync remotely and after entry my account to the program it is not find device.

When i use files.mycloud.com and enter same account i see device and my files.

I try synchronization my laptop and my work pc.

On the laptop every thing is well, i started use WD Sync on the laptop from local network with device and the device was successfully found

How can i fix it?

My Cloud Expert Series EX2 Ultra
Windows 10

You may want to see the dedicated EX2 subforum to see if its anything specific to that unit. This subforum (My Cloud) is generally for the single bay/single drive My Cloud.

https://community.wd.com/c/network-attached-storage/wd-my-cloud-ex2

When setting up WD Sync remotely youneed to use the mycloud.com login information not the user name created through the My Cloud Dashboard.

I use account that successfully login to mycloud.com and see my MyCloudEX2Ultra device, my files and etc.
But when i login to WD Sync, it doesn’t see device.

I do everything by Error
But step 5 is last for me because i cen’t see device.

It is screen that show my signed

any idea?

I’m sorry I don’t understand what you are asking. Any idea about what, specifically?

If you are using WD Sync to access a remote My Cloud then one first needs to ensure that Remote Access is enabled and working through the My Cloud Dashboard. One can test remote access by using MyCloud.com with their web browser.

I try using WD Sync to access a remote.
I turn on Cloud Service

And My phone is synchronizing successfully from any where, i think it means remote access is working but by WD Sync after login does not see storage devices
So, my ask is How do setup WD Sync for remote access?

This fix worked for me. See the post from “Nefarion” 21 Sept. This is a Bug with the MyCloud EX2 Ultra.

Thanks,

Me nothing help.
I cant use the device remotely.

I will try to get help support of WD if it is possible.

Thanks for all!!!

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem you describe.
Did you get it resolved?
How?

Thank you very much in advance for the help.

Hi,

No solutions. The WD Sync does not see Device.
I set up the WD Sync successful on my laptop in the local network where I placed the WD Cloud device, the synchronizations work from everywhere on the laptop. Work PC impossible to set up remotely even with a VPN.

It looks like, I have to bring my PC to home and make sync at home and then return it to the office and then it would be work :slight_smile:

Anyway, I am looking for solutions. I will let you know if I find it.