WD Sync always staying in "Signing in to MyCloud"

Hi all,

I am using My Cloud (Gen 2) at home and have installed WD Sync in office. However, after first time synchronisation in office, the second time after I restarted my computer (Windows 10) WD Sync has stalled in the status of “Signing in to MyCloud” and appears that it cannot proceed further to sync the changes in office. Any other has countered the same problem? Any suggestion of solution (asides from re-installing WD Sync)? Many thanks.

Hello,

Can you please check the firewall settings of your works network.
Also, you can try reinstalling the app.

Do you have the unit set with a static Ip or Dinamic

Hi, have reinstalled the program and is running well so far. Hope it will not have any problem again.

Thanks.

Hi, after reinstalling the program, it works fine only if I don’t restart the computer. Once I have restarted the computer, WD Sync stalls at the same status “Signing in to MyCloud” and cannot proceed further. Is there any possible way to determine what is the cause? Many thanks.

To get back to you message, I have checked the firewall settings and they should be fine. I have the unit set with a dynamic ip. Hope this will help. Thanks.

I have the exact same problem… After uninstall then re-install the WD Sync, it work fine… until I restart my computer, then it will stuck saying “Signing in to MyCloud” I hate to do uninstall then reinstall every time I restart…

My problem has been solved by removing the existing Antivirus program (Kaspersky) and install a new one (Norton). I guess it was the anti-virus firewall issue. You can try and see.

Hi everybody

Unfortunately, I am having the same problem. I have set up a My Cloud (Gen 2) remotely and want to access it (remotely). On one computer in my network, there is no problem and I can easily access the cloud over WD Sync.
On my other computer, WD Sync always keeps stuck at “signing in to mycloud” - even though it worked when freshly installed, just like with the other people above me.

I have deinstalled the antivirus, turned off windows firewall, etc… Without success! Is there any other way to deal with this problem? Or at least a way in finding out where the communication gets blocked? I’m pretty sure that it is not the Router causing the problem, because it works on the other computer in the same network and I also tried it over Hotspot Tethering with my mobile phone. No success.

I appreciate any kind of help, thank you.

I am having the exact same problem. After I reboot it just sits at “Signing into MyCloud”. If i uninstall WDSync and reinstall then it works fine until I reboot again. I checked my firewall settings and have not installed an antivirus program yet (fresh install of Windows 10). I really don’t want to have to uninstall and reinstall the app every time I reboot. Anyone find a solution?

Try out GoodSync for WD