Wd Purple or RED nas for desktop use?

helo because i have a lot collection with avi and bluray files and mp3 files in my computer can i buy the puurple 8TB for storage??

because i have heard that purple have problems

because of the nature of the drive itself, there could be potentially data corruption, which of course scares the heck out of someone who wants to use the WD Purple to store data.

so if i will put in the purple avi and blueRAy FILES and if i will try to run the files for to watch the avi and blueRAy from purple will i have problems/?

so tell me to buy purple for storage ? or to buy RED nas for storage??

I realised that the Purple drives are meant for Surveillance purposes and that since it’s meant for continuous use data inside might be corrupted more easily (due to ATA streaming??? I don’t know the terminologies). My concern now is that I will be storing critical data onto the drive and I planned to get another Purple or to buy 2 WD Reds instead? Or stick to the WD Purple?
Many thanks!

because i have heard that purple have problems

so if i will put in the purple avi and blueRAy FILES and if i will try to run the files for to watch the avi and blueRAy from purple will i have problems/?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.