WD MyCloud Home Offline - Why?

I was asked for a 1-29 second reset by WD support after I opened a supported ticket, but it did not help.
Though the LED is solid white, everywhere MCH is showing offline.
This is crazy, has been 10 days since I cannot access my own data due to WD breaking something.
The delay in solving the problem is giving an opportunity to explore other brand products and ultimately leave WD, please take quick action before its too late :frowning:

Not really possible to know what is being described as in the other thread, this was described as

One is better off to describe the problem more fully (such as the operating system Mac or Windows, versions) to the WD support staff in the support ticket. A re-installation of the WD Discovery may help.

Unfortunately all these user claims of identical network problems usually resolved themselves into complex hardware and software faults that do not apply similarly to each user.

i resorted to removing it from it’s enclosure. be aware WD secures it with torq screws which is a crappy move. lol I had to buy a fixit driver kit. And low and behold I had sectors on my drive. lol barely 3 years laters. these drives aren’t built for long term use read/write cycles. Now I am currently recovering 1.05TB worth of movie rips in hope I can recover most if not all of them, but the drive while directly connected to a SATA 6GBPS connection on my motherboard is only hitting 5-6mb/sec max which means its going to take a couple days to recover these movies. lol raw read rate errored out
Current: 194
worst :1
Threshold: 51
Data: 309
Status Failed. everything else is fine.
Is there anyway I can increase the speed or am I stuck on this speed rate due to the drive failing?
I have recovered so far 43% of my movies.
thoughts?

The disassembly is well documented. As to the longevity of the unit, WDC knew exactly what they were doing with the 2 year warranty. Those who expected to use the MCH as a heavy duty office NAS or media server were usually disappointed after a short while. Those who use it as a cheap and convenient personal cloud storage with light use usually turned out just fine.

yup. 2 year warranty because they know their product is ■■■■. lol. hey lesson learned, I am not more than half way through the recovery process. 1.05TB worth of movie rips, got another 400GB left. its only hitting around 5mb/s lol. painfully slow I almost thinking I am better off now to just redownload the movies based on my movie folder names on my drive. lol. which I may end up doing now that I am almost through the R’s. lol. just absurd frankly. but oh well it is what it is. I am going to upgrade to a Synology with some quality Drives with a decent warranty and also make sure I back up something to a drive just in case.