WD My Net Central: Is internal HDD accessible in Bridge Mode

Due to multiple issues and low wifi coverage, I am considering getting another router.

My question is would the internal HDD on my net central still work if I put the router in AP mode?

What about remote access funtionality?

It would be great to know what others have experienced.

I found this old post but not sure if the issue has been resolved with new firmware: Link

My follow up question would be what kind of HDD is in My Net Central 2TB? Model?

I am hoping to use it in my PS3 since it wouldnt work in AP mode anyway!

What kind of issues are you having with it? I’ve had more than my share of problems with my unit but think I have them worked out. If you decided to scrap it, I hope you can use the HDD, anyway.

tre74 wrote:

What kind of issues are you having with it? I’ve had more than my share of problems with my unit but think I have them worked out. If you decided to scrap it, I hope you can use the HDD, anyway.

I am not going to scrap it. The issues I am having are with wireless range. Even in same room, wireless range is not great. 

I recently moved in to a bunglow with huge main floor and loft on upper floor. I am running an Access point in basement. but loft hardly gets 2-3 bars (out of 5) and connection is really slow.

So I am wondering, if I buy another wireless router and use My Net central as a access point, would I be able to use WD2GO functionality?