N900 central does't allow remote access (WD2GO) in AP mode?

I’ve just rolled back to fw 1.05.12 after “bricking” my N900 with fw 1.06 and turning on AP mode.

However, now I’ve noticed that WD2GO displays the N900 Central HDD has being offline. I can’t find either the “remote access” configuration on the N900C admin UI.

Can you confirm this?

Thank you.

Regards,

Luis

Check page 31 so you can review the steps. 

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705074.pdf

I have the same problem as the first post.  UPgraded to the new firmware and turned the N900C into AP mode. 

NOw I have no remote access.  The menu doesn’t exist and it’s different from Page 31 you mentioned. 

Can you confirm that N900C in AP model will disable remote access?

Thanks, 

Juicebar

I had similar issues as well… I believe that WD2Go service doesn’t work in AP mode (not sure why). Turning it back to Router mode will fix this issue.

However, you can try to map the internal drive (or open your mapped drive) and see if it is working in AP Mode?

(I did not try that)

fyi, This post is about the same issue:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Net-Networking-Devices/My-Net-N900-Central-Access-Point-Mode-amp-No-Remote-Access/td-p/554955

Just a guess…  WD would need to confirm the operation of their gizmo.  I know AP mode is buggy at best and I do not use it as a result.  Due to having a non-central N900 and using a USB HDD drive I am totally clueless on the App functionality due to not being able to use it.

1. The when in AP mode everyone is probably using the router connected in the lan ports only.  Not using the WAN port probably

2. Due to not using the WAN port, the app does not see the router as it is hiding behind other devices and not acting as a router

3.  The app would need the router to identify itself as a router to the app, through the wan port (just a guess) in order to confirm its identity

4. When in AP mode the super smart router goes to dumb old switch, shutting off this feature is my guess