WD My Cloud Unable to access device (0)

After trying various things (most of what has been suggested in this and similar threads) what finally worked for me was to recycle (i.e. disable and re-enable) UPnP in the router.

Hey there

I’m having the same issue… however its only with my Galaxy s5 my wd cloud app. My ipad app works fine.

When connecting with the app on my Galaxy s5 I get a incorrect password everytime when I try to connect over wifi even though the password I’m using is correct. Turned wifi off on my phone and registered using the conde generated from the mycloud gui and I’m a ble to connect… however, If I try to do anything besides upload I get the unable to access device(0). I even added my google drive account and tried to transfer files in between and I still get unable to acess device (0).

I have the exact same issue with my galaxy s5 running 4.4.2

Same story for Galaxy S4 running 4.4.2 firmware. 

Finally it seemed WD solved their server problems, after weeks of not having had remote access, now this again. Never again a WD product. I’ve had enough of this malfunctioning X$#S! 

karimero wrote:

Same story for Galaxy S4 running 4.4.2 firmware. 

Finally it seemed WD solved their server problems, after weeks of not having had remote access, now this again. Never again a WD product. I’ve had enough of this malfunctioning X$#S! 

What makes you say it is fixed… it still doesn’t work for me on win 7, win 8 or iphone 5s!!!

I am using a  BT Home Hub 5 with upnp enabled.

However, it looks like I have fixed it.

I looked in the BT Home Hub Event log - it was forwarding the following:

07:17:12, 30 Apr. (33988.450000) Port forwarding rule added via UPnP/TR064. Protocol: TCP, external ports: any->22857, internal ports: 22857, internal client: 192.168.1.71
07:17:08, 30 Apr. (33984.070000) Port forwarding rule added via UPnP/TR064. Protocol: UDP, external ports: any->22857, internal ports: 22857, internal client: 192.168.1.71

I disabled “Remote Access” in the My Cloud Settings/Cloud Access settings and then re-enabled and the Event log showed:

21:46:29, 30 Apr. (86143.210000) Port forwarding rule added via UPnP/TR064. Protocol: TCP, external ports: any->9444, internal ports: 443, internal client: 192.168.1.77
21:46:24, 30 Apr. (86138.690000) Port forwarding rule added via UPnP/TR064. Protocol: TCP, external ports: any->9091, internal ports: 80, internal client: 192.168.1.77

So it looks like before I did this, the ports being forwarded by UPNP were a bit screwed but turning remote access off/on has reset it to correctly forward to the right 443/80 internal ports!!

Hurrah!

1 Like

Sorry this doesn’t have anything to do with my issue using my android phone app.

Does it work on your laptop but not on android - if so, then I agree my problem/solution is not the same as yours.

OK I’m getting the same problem too and I have firmware v03.04.01-230.  However to add a weird factor I don’t get the error, though I don’t know if I’m seeing all my files (pictures), when using the wd photo app.

webuser wrote:

OK I’m getting the same problem too and I have firmware v03.04.01-230.  However to add a weird factor I don’t get the error, though I don’t know if I’m seeing all my files (pictures), when using the wd photo app.

Exactly what do you mean by the same problem?  Is the drive disconnecting?  When? How often? Are you using the WD Photo app on the network or over the internet?

I just fixed it, first i did the forwarding ports and UPnP stuff, but it didn’t work, so after that I unplugged the ac cable from the wd my cloud and plugged it again and finally it worked! the most weird thing is that last week it was working without doing all of that…I think the problem was my linksys router configuration.

I have a problem accessing my cloud remotely, works fine on my network, tv, xbox, phone, ipod and tablet all see it but once I switch to my cell or I’m away nothing. The web page says my device is offline my device cloud access says:

Connected (Relay connection established)

Displays the current status of your cloud access connection.

Port forwarding failed to connect on port 80 and port 443.

Port forwarding failed to connect on port 80 and port 443.

I’ve done the port forwarding but I aint confident that i’ve done it right, I have a Sky Sagecom f@st 2504v so any help there would be appreciated, I think its right but I’m not sure ipv4 or the ipv6 settings are quite right, Im basically asking for a crash course in port forwarding really, thanks in advance.

Unplug the power to your router at the router, wait one minute, plug it back in then wait for everything to reset. Recheck your connection and see if it shows up as seen in the image below. It should show, Port forwarding connection established.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Hi Guys,

I don’t know why this worked for me but…  It seems that the default workgroup is WORKGROUP in the network settings and I’ve got a different name for my workgroup.  Once I changed that; access was fine.  NO monkeying with port forwarding/statc ip’s/cycling UPNP/etc.

1. Open the WD MyCloud web UI

2. At the top right go to settings

3. On the left select Network

4. At the bottom verify that your workgroup name is correct (Start menu->right click computer->properties->3rd section bottom)

Workgroup 1.png

1. Change the Workgroup name as appropriate 

Workgroup 2.jpg

1. Save

2. Give it a try on your phone with WIFI turned off

Hope that helps someone!

-J

Just wanted to say thanks to Daran.  I was having the same problem, and tried the same solutions offered by everyone.  But following his advice from Apr 30 worked: turned off Remote Access as you described, waited a few seconds then reenabled it, and then tried again to connect with my phone (on 4G, not WiFi) and I connected immediately.

Thanks so much!

You’re welcome!