WD My Cloud Mac only uploads 512 KB and then stops

Matt_Woj wrote:

I welcome any suggestions on how to solve this so that we can actually keep our company running. 

Thanks.

I am now also quite fed up with all the issues of My Cloud drives. I’ve had two, running for almost 2 years, and rarely has there been a week without problems or issues, including this one which is going on for weeks. And just today one of the drives went completely crazy, refusing connections from the local network and disconnecting the client computers every now and then; apparently it has been too busy indexing media files - as soon as this was finished it went back to working more or less normal.

I’ve also had one entry level Synology NAS running for the past year with no issues at all, regardless of what you throw at it (including indexing media which often makes My Clouds unresponsive or unbearably slow). It has never disappeared from the network, it was never inaccessible remotely, updating the firmware has never been a gamble, and neither of the drives has ever had any issues with indexing or playing back media.

I am now seriously considering dismantling my 2 My Clouds and simply using their drives in a new Synology NAS as I would prefer my devices to simply run unattended and without crucial features disappearing or being deactivated as is the case with the My Cloud app now.

Matt_Woj wrote:

Ok, so now I CAN use the web interface at files.mycloud.com for uploading and downloading files remotely, but WHY can I not upload folders? This is a major problem as our company is using (or WERE using) this drive for uploading and acting as a central place for job folders with numerous folders inside those. The desktop app handled this fine, but it no longer works. Now I cannot upload folders using the web interface? How can WD sell you a product and then remove functionality? I don’t get it, this is crazy.

I welcome any suggestions on how to solve this so that we can actually keep our company running.

Thanks.

Just so you know, 

1. You should be able to use Chrome web browser to upload folders.  Other browsers don’t support the folder transfers.  
  2. The My Cloud storage device was never designed for an enterprise environment, only for the home environment.  If you get too many connections going, at the same time, it may not be able to handle them all.  

Is this issue considered resolved? Mac users cannot only do remote upload to their MyCloud via the web interface from now on. Is there any Mac native app that works?

No, the problem is unchanged. The only solution is not to buy WD products. WD should add that as a sticky. :frowning:

To be fair, mycloud.com via Chrome works, and it’s actually snappier than the native app was. The web-based solution was probably the better initial idea anyway, but it’s too bad that WD put out such a poor native application, refused to properly support it, and left it out there on the market for people to download and waste so much time.

Hello,

i’ve the same issue, but i found a simple solution
I’m using https://www.wd2go.com/ to upload all my files and it works great.
For minus is fact that i have to use app to download, and safari for upload. I’m even considering to use only safari (only refreshing is bit slower than in app but works).

PS. You can’t be loved in in app and in safari at once - ONLY ONE LOG AT TIME

NEW MAC version just got out - and IT WORKSSSSS !!!

1 Like

Hi all.
I have the same issue of 512kb since august 2015 with my iMac and MyCloud app.
For now (2 april 2016) I still having the problem, but mycloud.com works fine with upload more than 512b and download.
Thank you.