WD Green 120GB SSD - Disk Failure

Hi everyone,

I own several WD Green 120GB SSDs which they are imported in to our computers and laptops. Recently, one of the SSDs inside a Acer ES1-113 has failed to start windows and instead shows a message saying ‘No Bootable Device’, so I went in to the laptop’s BIOS and it has detected that the disk drive is not present.

At that time, I’ve took the disk out of the laptop and tested on to a special adaptor to see if the disk drive is still working, but unfortunately not. The motherboard on the laptop still works fine. So I am considering this could be an electronic fault inside the SSD and I want to know of any suggestions you may have as to how I can get the SSD working again.

Thanks.

Based on what i have seen with the installations of WD green SSD drives in the laptops i have upgraded , I would never put another WD green SSD in any laptop. I have had just too many failures to be a conincidence. I have started to put WD blues in instead.
I have put a lot of the green ssds in desktops without a problem. I think it might be something to do with how old the laptop is.