WD Green SSD problem : Not detect in BIOS

Dear all,

I have trouble with my SSD on notebook. I bought it a year ago. My SSD specs is WD Green 240GB SATA, PC SSD.
It have no problem over year, until this morning i found my notebook can not boot with error message media not found. I look over BIOS but HDD model and serial : NONE.
I remember last night just before sleep i make my notebook sleep mode. I usually do this with no problem. Step i was try is to swap my SSD to another notebook but still no luck. Second one i try to connect SSD with external adapter to check data inside but drive is not readable as external drive as usual.

Anybody have same issue with this product? How do i need to check then?

Im sorry for the languages, im not very good to explain in english.

If it is not detected by multiple devices it would need to be replaced. Contact WD support to check the warranty status.

thank u for your reply. I’v been checked warranty over wd website and the warranty valid until 2022. When i try to proceed RMA form but failed with no error. I will try again.

Same problem. I bought 240gb wd green ssd 03.09.2018 and yesterday my laptop began to show me blue screens and today my ssd is not recognized. I put disk in external sata- usb case with same result - device is dead. My laptop is acer aspire s3, win7

Update: My WD Green replacement has arrived on august 2018, replacement process takes time about a month. I do check the box and i sure you it is new as seal is good (not repaired unit). I do reinstallation for windows 10 Pro x64 and another software needed. I do work with this around a month and something happened. Again and again it happened with same pattern, it can not boot up from my last shutdown😭. With some checking procedure with no luck and finally i send it back for 2nd warranty. The good is coming on October 8, 2018 for 2nd warranty. I do reinstallation of Windows 10 Pro x64 on my notebook acer aspire es11 es1-131-c4z1.
I do a setting for hardisk on hardisk properties > hdd sleep set to never. Now seem normal. I will update soon if there is another things happen.:sweat_smile:

I replace a lot of standard hard drives in desktops and laptops with SSD drives.
based on what i have seen with drive failures in laptops , i would never put another WD green SSD in any laptop. there have just been too many failures.
having said that i have put a lot of the green ssds in desktops without a problem.

thank you for your kind attention and share your experinces. So we need mark wd green not to use in laptop. :smiley:

I have also had alot of fun with Kingston UV400 drives too. Same old story the cheaper it is the more problems you have.