WD external drive stoped wroking

My WD external drive P/N: WDBUZG0010BBK has stopped working. When I connect it to the computer the white light flashes and the device makes a very faint noise as an alarm, as if it was trying to start but giving error. The device does not appear visible on my computer.
Is there any way to solve this problem? I can’t not lose all the documents that I have there!! :confused:

Normally, the computer storage drives are quiet and steady, but in case of any physical damages or logical corruption, they can begin to make noise. There are number of different hard drive clicking sounds with different reasons. Some type of clicking noise are due to software or driver issues, and sometimes due to mechanical faults of the hard drive.

If there is any noise, then you can try the subsequent fixes which people have used to overcome the issue:

1. Check whether the hard drive is getting enough power or not. You can do it by plugging the power adapter directly into the power supply.

2. Replace the data cable with the new one and turn on the drive. Now, if it does not make any noise, then the data cable might be faulty.

3. In case the drive still makes noises, then there is a high possibility the drive is failing and needs to be replaced.

Mainly, HDD failure can happen due to the bad power supply, virus attack, damaged block, sectors, and corrupted operating system. Here, I also suggest you to check out the below blog that explains all the measures to check the health of any hard disk.

Hope it will help.