WD Elements 3TB hard drive initialize disk failed due to a fatal device hardware error disk unknown not initialized

I am trying to fix a WD Elements 3TB portable hard drive that belongs to my sister it has worked fine until recently but will no longer come up on her MacBook Pro or iMac. I connected it to my HP laptop and clicked This PC but it does not show up in the devices and drives section when you select disk management it shows up as unknown not initialized and requests you to initialize disk but when you do it fails due to a fatal device hardware error.
I did contact Western Digital about the issue and they told me to download WD Digital Dashboard and check the status of the drive using that. When I first used it the drive would just come up as not supported but after leaving it connected for some time it did come up and all the tests I did came back as being normal. But now I can’t get it to connect to the WD Dashboard at all very frustrating. Any help would be greatly received. I have attached some screenshots showing the messages I am getting.

Here are the screenshots of the completed tests using WD Dashboard

Hi @NJS,

Please contact the WD Technical Support team for best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Thanks for the reply I have already contacted WD Support about this issue but as the hard drive is out of warranty they can’t help me and advised me to check out the WD forum page for possible solutions to the problem.