- Windows 10 Dell laptop
- Downloaded Install_WD_Discovery_for_Windows.zip from https://support-en.wd.com/app/products/product-detail/p/119#WD_downloads
- Extracted Install WD Discovery for Windows (2).exe
- Ran Install WD Discovery for Windows (2).exe
- For nearly 1 hour the install has been stuck at “Installing 18%”
- There is no “Cancel” button
- I have read multiple Community threads, including: https://community.wd.com/t/wd-discovery-install-hanging/215673 and even some for Mac install - none have helped
- I have read multiple Support answers, include:
- This thread has some information: https://community.wd.com/t/wd-discovery-install-failed/237877, but my install has not yet failed.
This user who commented only 3 days ago is also stuck at 18%: https://community.wd.com/t/wd-discovery-install-failed/237877/4?u=moonpie
Any guidance on how to properly & safely stop the install since there is no “Cancel” button, and then how to properly “clean up” after stopping an install, would be appreciated. As well as any other pointers/suggestions.