WD Discovery 3.4.89 and macOS 10.15 Catalina Support

Had this as well. It’s a bug with the auto dark mode in Catalina, it seems to happen with other apps as well. Go to settings-general, switch to light, then to dark mode manually in order to force app icon to refresh its state. You can revert the setting back to auto.

4 Likes

“We are working” isn’t good enough for us as customers. You should have known and prepare the new release in advance. This is the third time I experience ‘issues’ related to the non-compliance of WD Discovery with macOS’ new releases. Most of the time since I bought the device last year I’ve been without access to my files directly from Finder. You should not market the product as compatible with Mac. I want my money back. I’m thinking about starting a class action. Shame on you, Western Digital!!

8 Likes

I echo what others have said. It is disappointing that you folks did not fix WD Discovery in time for the Mac OS Catalina release. You are a big company with lots of IT staff working for you and yet not only did you not have the update ready, you failed to be ready. I am extremely disappointed in Western Digital.

6 Likes

Hi. It really seems that WD doesn’t really care about customer satisfaction. The customers complains in this forum have fallen on deaf ears. Not because WD refuses to answer, but because WD have no answers, they totally tanked on this one. So my question is, why here, customers must take the fight to another forum, social media perhaps? Just an idea.

6 Likes

WD did it last year with Mojave and did it again with Catalina. It’s so bad that we need to use our browser to have access to our files. :frowning: I’ve not paid for that. In fact i just picked this product because it gives me the ability to work from the Finder.
I though it would’t happen again after Mojave. It seem they really don’t care with their costummers.

3 Likes

Well said @AustinForest.

For a company as large as WD, and with the money customers have spent, there’s zero excuse. For @Wolfenhawke to not expect people to complain is quite frankly absurd, we have every right to when it’s potentially so disruptive to so many people. And honestly, it leaves a bad taste because WD could’ve informed its customers well in advance.

I mean, how long ago was Catalina announced and how long has WD had to work with the developers code? Other tiny little companies have managed to adapt to the new OSX, so why not WD?

3 Likes

Hello
The problem is still not showing the WD file
We don’t know when this problem, which started to affect my work, will be solved.
I hope to solve the problem as soon as possible

2 Likes

We have had a two-line response from WD in 15 days for a problem as serious as this one. It’s beyond the worst conceivable customer service.

4 Likes

WD Community,

We will be releasing WD Discovery 3.5.152 for auto updates and manual download
from support.wdc.com by the end of this month.

----List of changes----
WD Discovery 3.5.152
• Fix for WD Discovery install and MCH mount issues on OSX 10.15.
• New easyStore and My Passport Go devices supported in WD Discovery
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and technical improvements.

3 Likes

@SBrown what is very soon? Date please!!

2 Likes

@SBrown a serious Company would release a date. WD is not a serious Company I have to think.

1 Like

The commitment date is still “by the end of this month” but we are working to release sooner.

1 Like

What is the status of this? Updated to Catalina a week ago, and haven’t been able to access My Cloud drive since. This is getting to be a little more than a inconvenience, as I have an upcoming trip planned where I will absolutely need access to that drive. This has been one of my favorite home tech purchases up until this point, please update ASAP and restore my confidence in WD! Thank you!

3 Likes

Hi @SBrown,

When all this is over “by the end of the month”, can we all discuss seriously about what we are expecting from My Cloud Home and what you intend to do about it?

Best,

AF

1 Like

Bon, its the 23th of October, and still there is no solution. Or the programming is at WD specs are to high or there is a lot incompetence at WD and staff. Allas we cannot wait, is there a way to ask WD to refund the Mycloud product due to not functioning? The highly unprofessional also un ethical. I better bought a my book duo 24 gb, as I use it at work for many apps…

4 Likes

I can’t even access my drive through mycloud home online anymore now. “Server unavailable”
Now the only way I can access them is through the app. That is not acceptable. I NEED my files!

3 Likes

Now the access to Mycloud Home is not working anymore!!! What is worng with you there in WD?

3 Likes

The website MyCloudHome is down now. I think WD is giving us a prank or some kind of customer stress test.

1 Like

@SBrown ok, so if the 1st of november the service will not be 100% available with a stable WD Discovery app release, I will officially request money back, anche I will use this message to justify the request.

5 Likes

@SBrown when will you return the family folder???

2 Likes