WD Discovery 3.4.89 and macOS 10.15 Catalina Support

And btw, why can’t we backup our My Cloud Home 4Tb to an external drive? Are you so
confident your drives won’t fail?

5 Likes

So WD you only came to know about macOS Catalina on 7th October! You should not insult your customers by telling them to use the pathetic browser based access! From my experience, I have seen the same kind of attitude from you every time a new version of macOS is released! You could be forgiven for the first time but now there should not be any excuse!

4 Likes

What a joke. You should call this pathetic excuses not support.

3 Likes

In Australia we get a very dependable 240V. Households can usually depend on 60 - 80 Amps. Individual power circuits are usually capped at 20 Amps, with individual power points rated at 10 Amps. So um yeah, we don’t have too many power problems, yet… Except in South Australia where the lefties have already taken a firm hold. They get blackouts often.

1 Like

I´ve been a user of WD Hdd and Sdd for all my life. I believe that all companies have good, not so good and bad products. Wd Mycloud home is a joke. It´s a fraud. everyone’s complaining about this product, the expectations everyone has when buying a NAS but WD doesn’t care.

I´ve taken some of my time to write this couple of lines because when you thought it couldn’t be any worst, WD does it again. macOS customers - no rush, they can wait. I don’t believe on a brand like this anymore.

Not me.

3 Likes

So I’ve turned my note on severals website to your product at 1/0 stars…
At least new buyers will know that the product doesn’t work with the new MAC OS.

6 Likes

Before I go ahead with it, has anyone gone direct to the WD Board? Corporate Leadership | Western Digital
WD email address are name.lastname@wdc.com
If not, I’ll start at the top, as the WD people on here seem to be deaf.
Also, anyone used the public forum of Twitter yet?

6 Likes

Great idea. This will only work if they get a lot of emails. I did it just now. Here’s the list of emails for anyone that needs it. None of them seem to have bounced yet. You have to add @wdc.com to each because the board wouldn’t let me post them all. Email away folks!

Kathleen.Cote
Henry.DeNero
Tunc.Doluca
Stephanie.Streeter
Michael.Lambert
Len.Lauer
Stephen.Milligan

6 Likes

Done!

2 Likes

Me parece una tomadura de pelo, desde que salió la primera beta de catalina, tenían que haber trabajado en el programa de marras, yo seré otro de muchos que no volveré a comprar productos WD.

1 Like

Could you share the text of your message? So we can all copy and paste it.

2 Likes

Sent this

Hi,
Due to the total lack of support via the WD forum and the WD staff that monitor it, I am left with no option but to send this mass email to you. Apple announced the role out of the new OS 10.15 Catalina months ago, and yet Western Digital appears not to have acted on this update, hence WD Discovery 3.4.89 no longer works and, according to your staff on the forum, there is no sign of this being updated.
This lack of update has render the use of mine (and a whole load of users) drive unless. We are told to use the web app, but this is not the way we want to use the drive. I certainly use it as a connected server for work and sharing work with other. Using the web app is useless.

Can this please be looked at and a solution expedited

Below is a link to one of the pages on the forum showing the anger behind this lack of update and the lack of response from WD

3 Likes

I just purchased the My Cloud home for my Mac and just upgraded to Catalina. I purchased My Cloud to set up automatic Time Machine back ups. It appears this is not possible because WD did not prepare properly for the Catalina upgrade. As has been requested, please give us an ETA on issue #2 and for me, confirm it will enable me to achieve my goal for the product. Otherwise I have no choice but to return it during Amazon’s return window and to buy another product. – Frustrated Customer

2 Likes

100% agree with fellow completely frustrated users of this supposed “solution” for storage, I have had nothing but trouble with it on my Mac.

I very rarely turn the Mac off as most times it is impossible to reconnect to the dreaded device!!!
Sometimes it has been days before I can gain proper access to my files, and please do not suggest using the browser workaround - That is not what I purchased it for, I want swift access to my files 24/7
I purchased it only after doing my research that it was compatible with Mac - apparently, that is only some of the time.

This is URGENT Western Digital - please prioritise a fix that doesn’t involve having to go back to High Sierra.

2 Likes

Done

2 Likes

Another day without accessing my files, I suppose.

2 Likes

when are you releasing the new updates???

4 Likes

Not bad service. Worse. A company like WD cannot in real good faith say they don’t know when an update will come. Already looking for a replacement (Seagate maybee)

2 Likes

Just signed up here to also register my disappointment and anger.

This is quite frankly absurd; and if this product isn’t supporting the latest Mac OS, it should be taken off the market.

It’s completely screwed up the streaming network I have in my house, meaning I can no longer use Plex on any system.

I also use MyCloud for working between my Mac and PC, sharing media etc. Again, it’s screwed this up.

Honestly, it’s unbelievable and your customers deserve much better. You should’ve forewarned all customers BEFORE upgrading to Catalina, that this would happen.

3 Likes

Dear @SBrown

I really understand that going from 32 to 64 bit is a painfull migration… Well it really seems that every year it’s the same song… Could you provide us a way to download a tarball or zip of our entire Disc. Kind of export feature? I didn’t find it on the web platform.
Normally I would have copy/paste the entire Volume of the dd using the finder. But it’s not available anymore.
Another option, could you provide me the ssh credentials to my own device?
Once I have my WD Cloud backup, I’ll be able to buy a real NAS

Best

2 Likes