WD BLUE 250 GB SA510 issues

I now have four of these on my desk. I think we maybe installed 8, total? :slight_smile:
Good job @WD. This is ridiculous.

1 Like

The Customer support on this is downright insulting to any CUSTOMER. This has got to be the most offensive, ignorant and stupid response from any company on record. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS. PERIOD. ■■■■ WD.

Came to check if there’s an update to this issue since i recently had the same problem. Wondering if there’s something i could do about it.

Well, you’d think the drives would work as expected by now. So far, the issue has not been resolved as of firmware version 52046100. I don’t expect them to find a fix soon, and assuming they do not do recalls, they’re in a situation.

1 Like

If they don’t do recalls, then i pretty much lost my money…

1 Like

I think it’s pretty clear they’re not going to do any kind of recall. They’ve yet to admit it’s even a widespread problem. They’re still selling the SA510 drives as well. No idea if the new ones have the same issue or if they quietly made a revision to fix it. I still have 4 dead ones on my desk and I’m not sure it’s worth sending them in to be replaced as they’ll just send me back the same junk.

4 Likes

I’ve been trying to RMA all of my drives for the past 7 months - WD has outsourced their customer service to some company named Teleplan Service Logistics INC - which may explain why the customer service is abysmal.
Most recently - they have now sent me the wrong drives on TWO separate occasions and to make matters worse they keep zero records on what they have sent and what they have received.
Great move WD!!! What a fiasco.

1 Like

Hi there! I am of yours! Just after 5 months my WD Blue 1TB stops working loosing all my data! Data recovery companies are asking me about 1k of dollars and WD is not providing me any assistance.

Did you find any way to get data back from the SSD?

1 Like

I have a pile of them on my desk, No way to access, or even attempt a firmware update. We lost a ton of money having to replace the 15+ failures that we sold to our customers. I replaced all the them (free of charge) with Samsung drives, no help from WD. I’ll never stock WD in my store ever again. They are crooks!

2 Likes

Does anyone want to investigate the problem? If so, upload a detailed photo of your PCB (both sides) and grab a cheap multimeter.

Alternatively, post the details to the HDD Guru forum where I hang out.

1 Like

With such a large number of reports - people talking 50, 60, 100 drives per customer and more, I wonder if this needs a class action lawsuit. Making companies like this pay attention only seems to work if you make them feel it in their profits and public profile through the media.

1 Like

Hi, just got my SA510 1TB in the mail from NewEgg, one is total trash right out the gate. Dashboard software locks up on boot with said drive in place. Loads fine with the other. This is be the last WD product, been using iron wolves in my servers and I guess I’m going full Seagate for spinners and Samsung for solid state. I’ve been using WD since they came out, pretty unfortunate but at least I didn’t order the full raid 10 set for my new server yet.

Going to be sure to do my part to spread the word on this.

1 Like

My son has a 1TB WD Blue S510 Sata SSD 2.5 Model WDBB8H0010BNC in his Windows 10 computer that just failed yesterday, drive is unrecognized by PC. It was his OS and main data drive. Please help identify issue and resolution.

Leonard J. 10/01/2023

I got the 1TB SA510 and hasn’t been a year and it crashed randomly and not close to being full. Customer service is horrid, they lied to me twice going back and forth via Email and has been almost a month and no resolution for consumer besides attempting to replace with yet another faulty Blue drive as its clear they have a defective product. Requested for an alternative drive to be sent which was agreed upon but how convenient that its not out of stock yet their own website you can purchase that alternative drive. Requested to get the managers contact and now they just completely stopped responding after giving me 10% discount and they also still have my internal drive in their possession. It’s shameful business and I’m taking my business elsewhere.

1 Like

This topic is worth being sticky!

3 Likes

Samsung drives (the cheap ones) have problems too!!! Samsung 870 EVO - Beware, certain batches prone to failure! | TechPowerUp Forums
They are all cutting costs, and selling ■■■■!
Look at what happened to the HD market! 50% is SMR (how the hell they came up with stupid tech in hdd is beyond me… PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT!) Search results for 'SMR category:24 order:latest' - WD Community

Bought one of these in July.
Finally got around to cloning my drive and updating.
BSOD followed by no bootable device.
Shutdown and restart starts system again but happens again and again.
Updated, reinstalled, chkdsk, tried loads of things. Nothing working.
Poor form.

Downloaded the dashboard and firmware updated to latest and still issue persists