v2.3 released: WDTVHubGen - Looks up Movies, TV Shows and creates XML for the Hub

Frillen, I feel for you on the foreign stuff. NoSlack explains how to get your names back so i wont discuss that part.

I have also been converting a sizeable collection  of Foreign Movies and have had to try several different naming conventions to get stuff to work well. Sometimes I have used the Foreign name, and then if that doesn’t work, the English translation, Alternate English translations, and then if not added the year in parenthesis. The Datatbases of movies does not seem to have a clear ryhme or reason.

A Danish Example For You:  When converting a bunch of Carl Theodor Dreyer movies, “Ordet” worked fine for me. When I tried “Vredens dag” though it did not and I had to change the name of the ISO to “Day of Wrath”.  Similarly "Blade af Satans bog " did not work, but neither did the English translation of “Leaves of Satan’s book” which is the American Title on my DVD. I had to find the alternate translation in IMDB of “Leaves out of the Book of Satan” for it to find the correct movie.

Some stuff I have just given up on and written the details manualy into the XML. I have found that most movies are in IMDB even if the app doesn’t find them so you can copy and paste the right info into the XML if you choose to put in that type of time. Then go find the cover and resize it correctly and it all works great.

Good luck with 200+ Danish movies. That may be a real challange.

-P

Frillin - That same thing happened to me using version 1.2. Luckily, the directory was only 100-150 movies and were all french. Since then, I stopped using the program after being afraid it will happen again.

NoSlack - Any word on when you might be able to implement a “No rename” option in the program?. I was also wondering if it’s possible to add a renaming function to include the year at the end of the filename but have the program not touch the rest of the file name

Such as:

Star Wars HDTV —> Star Wars HDTV (1977)

Avatar 1080p—> Avatar 1080P (2009)

Would something like this be possible?. WDTVHubGen tends to hang on a lot of movies like Elektra for example. Cltr_Alt_Delete to exit and back in again, it will then process Elektra fine.

Just wanted to say great program!. Keep up the great work. 

I would advise that anyone who is going through this with foreign movies individually look up each movie instead of batch processing a whole directory. You can do this by

Choose “Get videos”
Instead of “process all”, Right click and on a movie and choose “lookup information”
See your option and if it is correct choose “Save this one” button
The app will then proceed to the next movie and go through the process again

This way if it comes up with a movie / movies that are not correct you do not have to save it and there is no rename (as well as no xml or jpeg created)

Sorry if I am stating the obvious but this saved me a lot of pain after I had done a bacth of movies and then had to go back and rename then and remove the xml etc. so hopefuly it helps someone else

And of course, thanks so much  for all the amazing hard work on this project… This appllication is simply amazing and works incredibly well. The fact  that some of us are lookling up really obscure movies is what is causing some of these issues. In a little over a week  I have been able to covert several hundered DVDs to ISO and then get the data and xml set up correctly and working great. It was a task I was not even considering untill I saw how well this application worked, and now I’m almost half done.  Awesome job, thanks.

-P

Hey noslack, it has been a long time. Your program is looking great! I am having trouble with the tv show called “suits”. It can’t seem to find it in the list box that pops up for us to select what show is correct. Everything else is working great, would love to see an automated version liked we talked about before

I’m releasing this quickly, it isn’t as tested as I would like so lots of feedback is appreciated. but it does address a few big requests.

• Jeff

Version 2.1

Manual Lookup with TV or Movie (finally huh!), you can look up a movie or TV episode directly, you can right click on anythign, and choose manual lookup, then will allow you to type anything you want to look up and it will assign it to the file you right clicked.

No Rename: a very popular request, this is an option you can set so that the original name is kept regardless of what is found.
Previous Directories (if you are clever) you will notice a drop down box for the directory path now, and as you type it puts in old ones. this is in a file called directorylist.xml and will allow you to have saved favorites that you might always be looking up from. the file is created on first use.
I think i might have fixed the parsing error on the tv lookup. The problem was that when you looked up a newish episode, thetvdb.org episode request doesn’t work on really new stuff, yet, i was able to find it elsewhere and use it. this is leading to a new cache architecture underneath and will result in much faster large lookups in the future.

I did not mess with process all, most of the updates in this release are aimed at the hardcore folks that want to look up one at a time.

Please tell me what features I missed and I’ll start working on them next.

1 Like

Hi NoSlack,

Excellent version (v2.1).  I just registered to say a big thanks.  I downloaded v2.0 a week back and have had nothing but trouble with it (issues like Frillens where the system renamed a ton of my movies incorrectly, or (even better) named every file in a season of 30 rock to the same name and overwrote each episode as it went along).  No biggie though as I stupidly said process everything and ignored errors along the way (my bad).  That said it was getting a little frustrating using the tool. :slight_smile:

V2.1 has been flawless so far taking on everything that stumped the previous version and no errors so far (v2.0 threw errors continuously).  You can ignore the griping in the first paragraph, I just wanted to let you know that I understand the difficulty of creating the application and I am amazed you could make such a great leap in such a short time.  Kudos.

Wow, excellent program.  I have an extensive library as most here.  My movies are in individual folders with the folder having the proper name of the movie but the .mkv itself has, a lot of times, a weird vague/mixed up name.  When I try to process the directory it looks to the .mkv itself to try and determine the movie so it has no clue what a lot of things are.  I have tested going back and hand renaming the .mkv more accurately and it processes it just fine.  My question is if there is a way for it to look at it’s parent folder to determine the movie name instead of the video file itself?  I’m trying to avoid having to hand rename my 1000+ movies.  Sorry if this has already been addressed, I tried to read as much as I could.  I am using 2.1.  Thanks!

Edited to also ask about TV.  I ran this against one of my existing TV folders to see what the results where.  My TV is setup as  \mynas\TV\TVshowname\Season\episodes.mkv.  if the particular show had 24 episodes in season 1 it downloaded 24 copies of the same .jpg for each episode and a .xml for each episode as well.  Is there a way to limit this to one .jpg for the season?  Do I need to redo my directory structures?

Excellent program - Love it, Very fast and gets 90% of the metadata accurately, and by manualy input, I can get 100% of the required metadata for WDTV LIve Hub, Much better than the built-in feature in WDTV Live SMP or HUB and it saved me a lot of time rather than using the WDTV  UI

One feature request, Will it be possible to download the backdrops from TMDB or TVDB and save it locally to the movie folder in this fashion:

backdrop.jpg

backdrop1.jpg

backdrop2.jpg

backdrop3.jpg

backdrop4.jpg

backdrop5.jpg

— etc; 

---- etc;

where the media file is stored and edit the metadata XML file to reflect the changes so that WDTV Live SMP can parse the locally stored backdrop files display them rather than fetching them from the Internet?

There is a program that currently does the above method known as MediaCenterMaster but it does not have support for WDTV Live’s way of writing the XML files

The syntax for XML file to display locally stored backdrops are discussed here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Ideas/USER-supplied-Backdrop-Support/idc-p/286220#M130

Something like this in the XML file:

backdrop.jpg

backdrop1.jpg

backdrop2.jpg

backdrop3.jpg

backdrop4.jpg

backdrop5.jpg

It would save us a lot time to edit the files manually if this program automatically adds these lines to the existing XML metadata files. or even better, have a user option to save it locally or just use the Internet and modify the XML file accordingly.

Thanks! again for considering this request.

if you load backdrops as an option. I would like to request an addon to that.

3 options:

disable backdrops

enable internet backdrops

enable local backdrops

enable embeded moviesheet backdrops [if you decide to go the moviesheet way of support]

Which brings me to my other request. Moviesheet support like Thumbgen

The designer of thembgen does a great job but the problem is he does not own a WDTV Live Hub so he is unable to fully test our requests or 100% understand the differences as he can not see for himself.

Okay…Vwersion 2.1 is much better now, but I would like to see a few things:

Update data for a movie. Even if you have an image and XML I would like to be able to search (only manual search works at the moment) and save the new data (this does not work)

IMDB support - thetvdb simply does not have all movies available that I have no my disk. The Manul earch show the disable IMDBID field which looks very promising

Rename of files - I do not want to rename the files automatically based on the title (could cause a hugh distraction if you have non-english movies on your disk), but a rename box to manually rename the file (e.g. add the year for better finding the next time)

Smaller space in the scrolldown list - this is a pain with 1.200+ movies in the list. Enable/disable the image and put all the info into one line would be perfect.

Disable file - some files could not be detected, because they are not in the database. So a disable movie (or hide movie) would be perfect. Because if you proceed a large number of files and the undetected files are always on the top and you need to scroll like pain every time

Remember the scroll position - for some reasons, the selection always jumps to the top of the list, no matter what I have just done. It’s hard to sequqntial work through a list.

OKay…just my 2 cents…

Thanks NoSlack, new version is great. Looking forward to being able to use IMDB #s for stuff the app cannot find. thanks for all the hard work.

-P

Using v2.1 on Win7.  There seems to be a display glitch at the top of the window where you click on the button to change the drive/folder.  Its scrunched up, so I can’t click on it.  Version 2.0 didn’t have this.  Can you fix.  Thanks.

I posted this above hoping you could include this in the next release

I was also wondering if it’s possible to add a renaming function to include the year at the end of the filename but have the program not touch the rest of the file name. I just want to add the year to the end of the filename after the WDTVHubGen finds it.

Such as:

Avatar 1080p—> Avatar 1080p (2009)

Would something like this be possible?. WDTVHubGen tends to hang on a lot of movies like Elektra for example. Cltr_Alt_Delete to exit and back in again, it will then process Elektra fine.

Hi,> can you send a picture of what you talking about? thanks.> NoSlack913> * * *
pm1315 wrote:

Using v2.1 on Win7.  There seems to be a display glitch at the top of the window where you click on the button to change the drive/folder.  Its scrunched up, so I can’t click on it.  Version 2.0 didn’t have this.  Can you fix.  Thanks.

Shadow_cruiser> The product supports several kinds of renaming, you can manually rename the files (right click menu) or you can use movie and title templates (see the options panel for that)> and if you just want the year for look up, check out the manual look up option (just add teh year before pressing lookup)> * * *
shadow_cruiser wrote:

I posted this above hoping you could include this in the next release

I was also wondering if it’s possible to add a renaming function to include the year at the end of the filename but have the program not touch the rest of the file name. I just want to add the year to the end of the filename after the WDTVHubGen finds it.

Such as:

Avatar 1080p—> Avatar 1080p (2009)

My comments below (inline)> netsrac wrote:> Okay…Vwersion 2.1 is much better now, but I would like to see a few things:

Update data for a movie. Even if you have an image and XML I would like to be able to search (only manual search works at the moment) and save the new data (this does not work)

(so you want to manually pick a picture and also manually “edit” the xml?  ok, that i can probably add)

IMDB support - thetvdb simply does not have all movies available that I have no my disk. The Manul earch show the disable IMDBID field which looks very promising

(plan is to turn it on soon, thanks.)

Rename of files - I do not want to rename the files automatically based on the title (could cause a hugh distraction if you have non-english movies on your disk), but a rename box to manually rename the file (e.g. add the year for better finding the next time)

(check out the options tab, there is an option “use original name” and it WONT rename the file for you.)

Smaller space in the scrolldown list - this is a pain with 1.200+ movies in the list. Enable/disable the image and put all the info into one line would be perfect.

(look in the lower right corner and play with zoom)

Disable file - some files could not be detected, because they are not in the database. So a disable movie (or hide movie) would be perfect. Because if you proceed a large number of files and the undetected files are always on the top and you need to scroll like pain every time

(interesting idea, let me think on that one…)

Remember the scroll position - for some reasons, the selection always jumps to the top of the list, no matter what I have just done. It’s hard to sequqntial work through a list.

(not sure about this… let me see what I can do)

(Thanks for the great suggestions!!!)

OKay…just my 2 cents…

cool ideas, I’ll look into adding this…> * * *
drizzt09 wrote:

if you load backdrops as an option. I would like to request an addon to that.

3 options:

disable backdrops

enable internet backdrops

enable local backdrops

enable embeded moviesheet backdrops [if you decide to go the moviesheet way of support]

Which brings me to my other request. Moviesheet support like Thumbgen

The designer of thembgen does a great job but the problem is he does not own a WDTV Live Hub so he is unable to fully test our requests or 100% understand the differences as he can not see for himself.

NoSlack913 wrote:

Shadow_cruiser> The product supports several kinds of renaming, you can manually rename the files (right click menu) or you can use movie and title templates (see the options panel for that)> and if you just want the year for look up, check out the manual look up option (just add teh year before pressing lookup)

Thanks for the quick response. I don’t want to look up by year and doing 1000 movies manually would take a LONG time. What I’m asking is to do a batch rename on all my files while keeping the original filename but just adding the year. Basically pressing “process all” and the program will find the movie, process it and add the year tag to the filename while not renaming the movie. I tried playing around with the templates but I can’t get the program to not rename the original file and add the year tag. It will either rename the whole file or don’t do it at all.

Ah… I’ll see what i can do.

Hi,

Here is a screen shot.  Shouldn’t the area I’ve circled in red have clickable buttons?

I’m using Win7.  Display resolution is 1680x1050, with large fonts enabled. Thanks.