USB My Book Not Recognized - reporting 0K available

bump…

This forum is very much like the WD Software, full of features that nobody wants to use, complicated with great statistics everywhere but really really annoying.

For example, I want to bump this post and I ended up replying to Bennor as he is the last post, so I click on the back page button to get out of replying to Bennor; except I do not. It keeps the reply to Bennor at the bottom of my web page and meanwhile my top browseer has backed all the way to the first WD Page.

Thus I have to navigate all the way back through my Raphael History to find this post again and this time I reply to my first post.

Seriously Annoying… perhaps I might get use to it, but the question will always remain “Why do we have to?”

The reason that I’m here is to get answers or perhaps even to help someone. I’m not here to socialize even though sometimes it may seem like that, but it somewhat akin to misery loves company type effect.

So here is the deal…

It seems that the test units at WD do work with their USB drives and they are unable to replicate the problem that only a few of us have… This is apparent with their last post on another post that had nothing to do with this problem, but they posted up my tech support call summary.

Thus without logs they are unable to replicate the problem… and I really don’t want to give them my logs simply for the reason that I’ve become the tester for WD. They will have to get the logs from someone else. However here is a pic…