Upps.bin cannot be backed up

This should do it although the easiest way to deal with this annoyance would be to simply ignore it. This, of course is highly unsatisfying :slight_smile:

I have followed these steps, and there is no UPPS when i do the drop down menu after microsoft? what next?

I was able to fix it by restoring the upps directory from my first WD backup. I now have a clean backup using the default C:\users\username rather than having to eliminate this file from backing up.

I tried this because after a full rebuild and restore several old pdf files were also failing to backup. There was something wrong with the files - I couldn’t open them with acrobat reader or acrobat X. I spun my wheels for a while trying to fix them with no luck. I also tried changing ownership like one user recommend but that didn’t work for me. Since they were all old files (<2012) I finally tried restoring just the failing files from my oldest backup. It fixed everything.

Miy first backup went back 18 months. You probably don’t have to go back that far, though I didn’t try restoring any other backups. upps.bin is located in C:\users\username\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\upps