Upgrading my drives in My Cloud EX2 2-disk NAS

Hi there, I am about to run out of storage on my My Cloud EX2 2-disk NAS.

Can I simply replace the drives, one by one with larger drives and wait while the old drive mirrors itself to the new one?

To be specific, I currently have 2x 3TB drives and want to replace them with 2x 6TB drives.

Thanks in advance for any responses with the information I need.

LouisB

You can refer the link mentioned below and follow the instructions to successfully upgrading the internal hard drives to larger capacity.

I’m not sure this has worked.

I have replaced both original drives per the instructions with 6TB drives. However, Drive 1 still appears as only 2.94TB (the original size) and Drive 2 appears as 6TB. I’m told there is 6TB of space free but I really am confused. When I go into the NAS dashboard I see this:

RAID Volume
Volume 1 RAID 1 2.94TB Good
Volume 2 Spanning 5.95TB Good

I’m told I have 6TB free but when I map the network drive I use it still insists I only 187GB left out of the 2.94TB.

The instructions I was given a link to do not seem to understand that I wanted to upgrade my existing EX2 from 2x 3TB disks to 2x 6TB discs.

What has happened and how to I ensure I have 6TB of storge which is being properly duplicated (e.g. RAID1).

This article does not describe at all how to increase the storage capacity. Can you provide useful information on how to do so?

Greetings,

We have reached out to you via direct message, so we request you kindly check and reply to your DMs so that we can assist you further.