Seeing how WD broke the database connection and it doesn’t appear that they’re willing to open the port up again, I decided to take the NAS(s) out of the picture completely.
I had an extra Raspberry Pi 4 not being used and I setup a MySQL database on it along with phpMyAdmin and configured it to sync my media databases.
I guess I was a lot like other here, I used the NAS MySQL because it was already there and I didn’t have to create something from scratch. But, now I realized that I should have done this along time ago because we’re at the mercy of WD and you never know when they might change something, like they just did.
Now I just need the to fix the remote backup issue that I have. That one I’ve opened up a support ticket on. USB backups work just fine, but not remote backups.