Updating My Book Live Duo - A NIGHTMARE -

I have 2 drives MyBookLive Duo, and both have same problem and i was hoping and waiting to release this new firmware update that could solve this problem. have tried several times to update from the dash board and it is failing. is there any chance to have the file to update manually??? do we have to beg WD support to give the least that you should do?? it is a nightmare… can you imagine having all your data on these drives and you see no support!!!

What is your current fw version?  Restart the MBL Duo and try upgrading after it fully starts.

eliekhairallah wrote:

I have 2 drives MyBookLive Duo, and both have same problem and i was hoping and waiting to release this new firmware update that could solve this problem. have tried several times to update from the dash board and it is failing. is there any chance to have the file to update manually??? do we have to beg WD support to give the least that you should do?? it is a nightmare… can you imagine having all your data on these drives and you see no support??!!

My Duo is a backup, so it can die a trillion times and I wouldn’t lose a single picture.

Do the same. No one has to hold your hand and make a real backup for you.

Guys,

until when we have to wait?? it has been several months now and yet one firmware upgrade that doesn’t work.

is there any chance to post the upgrade file online?? it is not getting through the unit’s dashboard.

eliekhairallah wrote:

Guys,

until when we have to wait?? it has been several months now and yet one firmware upgrade that doesn’t work.

is there any chance to post the upgrade file online?? it is not getting through the unit’s dashboard.

Someone would need to have it to begin with. The only files WD made available are older than Elvis.