Unsolicited support cases

Just a few hours after my post ( http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/Please-don-t-mind-me-WD-I-m-just-another-unsatisfied-customer/td-p/864461) I got an email from one of the community moderators informing me that my post has been escalated to the technical support department.

I gladly acknowledge WD staff’s eagerness to promptly address issues raised by their customers but… I didn’t ask for any support! In fact, my post is as generic as it can be, only intended to voice my general dissatisfaction regarding the non-working features of the MC product as denounced by so many other users for a surreally long period of time. Nowhere in my post is to be found any specifics as to the problems I’m having so im intrigued as to what WD’s tech department approach will be. And since I believe that my poor experience with MC results from a defective product (hopefully only for the firmware/software part) and not from my specific gear setup, my post was only intending to appeal to WD’s integrity by acknowledging to their community of users the existence of “known issues” and the planned measures and timings to tackle them.

I acquired this consumer’s product for all its announced bells and whistles. If I would have wanted a pure NAS I would have made a different pick, so I don’t want any crippling solution for this product obtained by tampering its entrails, just to feel that I didn’t just paid for a brick with a shinny blue LED on its front.

1 Like