Unable to see Family folder

You are unbelievable, WD…

Any update on bringing this feature back? My WD is useless since this update.

1 Like

To the Technical dept in WD

What you suggested as solution (to see the shared files in the WD website) is NOT WORKABLE.
The reason that we chose to work with the WD is because we could work with the saved files directly in the server, without downloading in our computers.
So this advantage disappear if each designer has to download the file to the computer for working with it, then to upload it after finishing.
It makes the work harder and not efficient.
Having dissatisfied customers is the worst publicity for your company
I want to know an exactly date that you will fix this critical problem.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Still waiting on the update…

1 Like

WD technical support,
Where is the ■■■■ update that you promised on the 21st of August? I need to access shared files on the desktop not through the web. Please return this feature ASAP.

1 Like

Disappointed and unbelievable

1 Like

Me and 2 other colleagues have an architecture studio and we are truly disappointed with this situation.
It realy slowed down our workflow.

1 Like

Its been 2 months and still no changes. Maybe the WD staff thinks we are all rich and we don´t mind loosing money making the mycloud home obsolete. I really hope the person who had this great idea is fired.

2 Likes

Third firmware release with no explaination. Received 6.4.0-115 yesterday. See no changes!!

1 Like

What were you even thinking?! To be able to access Shared/Family folder on desktop is the major reason most of the people bought this product! Going through web app is extremely inconvenient and completely missing the point of being a product targeting personal/family users.

This issue has been causing us huge inconvenience and many frustrations for quite a long time.
Please bring this feature back NOW, otherwise people should consider further consumer actions as you clearly not providing what you try to persuade your customers.

1 Like

My thoughts for WD release notes for last three releases:

6.4.0-115
Changed version to make users think were working

6.2.2-115

6.1.0-119

3 Likes

Когда будет возвращение семейной папки???

Still waiting on the update…
You sell something with a fearure…and then you delete this?
It’s definitely unfair!
RP

3 Likes

Personally, I am giving up on WD supporting this! I wonder now if the rest of their products has the same level of support. I am looking at buying a few HDD’s and am looking at anything other than WD.

3 Likes

Got to the same conclusion.
Next NAS will be Synology + Seagate.
Been a loyal WD customer for years but this drove me nuts.

2 Likes

Return the money!!! You sold a product with certain functions, and now you have disabled the most important function !!! THIS IS A FRAUD!!!

4 Likes

Talking to deaf ears

How long to wait ??? When will the family folder come back ???

Have the courage to provide a date !!! WHEN WILL BE AN UPDATE that will return a FAMILY folder !!!

The only update from WD was that like feature they have canceled for my post and comments

1 Like