Unable to connect locally (WD Discovery, login service unavailable)

Greetings! Past few days, I have troubles connecting to my My Cloud Home device via the WD Discovery. I am able to access it throught the Android app, and through https://mycloud.com/

I get the following error message: https://i.imgur.com/h59nVax.png

1 Like

Hello, I am experiencing this issue as well. I have WD Discovery installed on a couple devices. When it first happened I was unable to login, but reinstalling the software fixed the problem. Now Iā€™m dealing with the same problem on a different device and nothing seems to help.

Logging in on the app or website works fine. For me it says ā€˜ā€˜sign-up service not availableā€™ā€™ under the password section if I try to login. I would like a solution, because for me the drive is currently unusable.

WD Discovery: v. 3.0.384 and My Cloud Home: v. 1.5.0.84

@decal08 @Lean058 please retry your logins again

I tretried logging in again just now, and encountered the same error in the first post.
ā€˜Internal server errorā€™ is also displayed below the username/password section of WD Discovery.

WD Discovery V3.2.256
My Cloud V1.5.0.84

@decal08 OK thanksā€¦weā€™ve been able to identify the ā€œLogin Service Not Availableā€ issue and are working on the fix.

Thank you for the update. Looking forward to the fix!

Please to fix it asap because this error is blocking the usage of the device. The issue is dated to 3 days ago and is still persist.

I have WD My Cloud Home Duo and installed WD Discovery on my Mac OS. I canā€™t login - ā€œLogin service unavailableā€. If I use Web than I can login to WD. What should I do?

Greetings! Hope everyone has a wonderful New Yearā€™s eve.

Would just like to inform you guys that the issue is still not yet resolved. Iā€™m still getting the same error when trying to login to my account.

I tried restarting my computer, and rebooting the device.

I was able to log in successfully, and access the device through my computer! Finally!

Iā€™ll keep on observing and report if the issue happens again. Happy new year!

@decal08 I recommend contacting technical support

Buenas, tengo desde hace dias el dispositivo en android sin problemas pero en el pc window me da el mismo error que ha ustedes de error interno del servidor. ĀæSe sabe algo sobre esto? Āæque tengo que hacer? si no hay solucion tendrĆ© que devolver. Gracias

I have not been able to login into WD Discovery since day1 of opening my Device. Having the same problems you guys are having. Using the internet (My Cloud Home) and using my phone has been successful. Been on the phone with Tech support for over an hour (Seems like they have tried everything to help me) but nothing is working. This is becoming a pain in the Rare to meā€¦Any solutions??? Please help

@KBP what error message do you get when Login to WD Discovery? are you using Windows or macOS and what version of the OS?

I am using windows 10, the message I am getting is ā€œLogin services are unavailableā€ I have disable all Anti - Virus, I have delete logs along reinstalling. Nothing is working. Seems like it is something on your end. I have also tried on different computes on my network. And the same thing is happening.

Iā€™m using Mac an I still get this message and I can not login to WD Discovery

I get the following error message: [https://i.imgur.com/h59nVax.png ]

Itā€™s been like this since last update. appro. May
Before that it worked fine for only a month or so. And before that I could not use it for about 6 months for the internal server error.
It is a shame that this product causes so many problems.

same! I have met this login-service-unavailable problem for months!!

Same problem. Wd Discovery used to work fine, but suddenly the ā€œMy Cloud is having trouble connecting to the server messageā€ freeze the problem. Today I installed Discovery in a Windows 10 version 1903 computer and everything works fine, so it is a problem between some windows 10 update/configuration and WD Discovery.

Current Windows 10 version 1909

Well, it seems that nobody in WD have time to solve this issue.

After lot of time I finally found a solution:
1.- Go to ā€œC:\Program Files (x86)\Western Digital\Discovery\Currentā€
2.- Select ā€œPropertiesā€ of ā€œWD Discovery.exeā€
3.- Go to ā€œSecurityā€
4.- Provide ā€œFull Controlā€ to ā€œAll Aplication Packagesā€
5.- Now you can login in WD Discovery again and you can access to MyCloud Home device as an external unit, as always.

Windows 10 Pro 2004, ver 19041.508

3 Likes

Thanks @Kirkov_77 - I just had this problem appear from nowhere, and that has also fixed it to me