Unable to access My Cloud Home on my network

Back to basics if this is still not working. Be sure to turn the antivirus and firewall back on after further testing.

How Do I Fix the Specified Network Name Is No Longer Available Error?

This issue applies to Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista, including both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of these operating systems.

1. Disable your antivirus software. It’s the easiest fix to try first and often fixes this error. Most major antivirus apps like Norton, Avast, and McAfee provide the ability to disable protection temporarily.
  2. Disable Windows Firewall and Windows Defender. Windows embedded security tools can also block SMB protocol and cause the Specified Network Name Is No Longer Available error. Disable these tools to test if it resolves the error.
  3. Ensure you’ve enabled file sharing on the system you’re using. There might be slight differences in setting up this form of file sharing depending on the OS you’re using. Make sure you’ve correctly set up file sharing on your Mac or file sharing on your Linux system. There are also specific steps to set up file sharing correctly on your Windows system.

Another service to consider checking is the UPnP Device Host which is a Win32 service. In Windows 10 /11 it is starting only if the user, an application or another service starts it

Win 11 UPnP often off by default so a network share may no longer be able to be opened.