Unable to access My Cloud Home on my network

I am not able to access My Cloud Home on my network. It does show but when I click on it there is a popup that says “mycloud home not accessible. you might now have permission to use this network resource. the network address in invalid” **pic attached below

myclouid error

1. Software Version 9.5.0-186
  2. I have enabled network access and setup the username and password on the my cloud home website.
  3. I am able to access the drive from my android phone via the installed file manager.
  4. My computer is Windows 11 Home

I have followed the instructions in this post; My Cloud & My Cloud Home: Share Access Failure Message No Permissions To Use Network Resource on Windows and it has not helped

I am not very tech savvy and I don’t know what else to do.

It shouldn’t be that hard and you are correct in following the Knowledge base /a_id/31128 article, but there are times when Windows or some applications may disable some part of the Windows Network Services even after you have enabled them as automatic and signed out or rebooted.

It is always good to double check the list that is published in the link quoted:

Ensure the following Windows Services are running and set to Automatic.
Please follow the steps outlined below this list for instructions on how to make changes if needed.
    Computer Browser
    DHCP Client
    DNS Client
    Function Discovery Resource Publication
    Network Location Awareness
    Plug and Play
    SSDP Discovery
    Storage Server
    Server
    TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper
    UPnP Device Host
    Workstation

Change Services Instructions
Change the properties to automatic startup any services not currently running.

Double check this list above by going over it again in the Windows task manager.

You can start the task manager by right click on the task bar and choose task manager. Then click on the Services tab and check if the above Windows network services are actually running and NOT stopped.

For example, frequently a service such as FDResPub

Function Discovery Resource Publication

may be enabled, but somehow it has stopped running after rebooting. In that case, a solution may be to run the following in an elevated command windows (Windows key, Search, then type cmd and choose run as administrator):

sc config fdrespub depend= RpcSs/http/fdphost/LanmanWorkstation

You can reference this command by reading the article here:

a fix for Function Discovery Resource Publication. (FDResPub service)
Like millions of people, I’ve had troubles filesharing between PCs.
Peer computers just don’t show up in File Explorer ▸ Network.
Even the PC you’re presently sitting at doesn’t show up. How can that be.
From tons of online advice and folklore, I learned the trick is to restart the Function Discovery Resource Publication service. (FDResPub)

1 Like

All of those quoted services are still running.
(Thank you for the detailed directions on how to check them.)

Back to basics if this is still not working. Be sure to turn the antivirus and firewall back on after further testing.

How Do I Fix the Specified Network Name Is No Longer Available Error?

This issue applies to Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista, including both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of these operating systems.

1. Disable your antivirus software. It’s the easiest fix to try first and often fixes this error. Most major antivirus apps like Norton, Avast, and McAfee provide the ability to disable protection temporarily.
  2. Disable Windows Firewall and Windows Defender. Windows embedded security tools can also block SMB protocol and cause the Specified Network Name Is No Longer Available error. Disable these tools to test if it resolves the error.
  3. Ensure you’ve enabled file sharing on the system you’re using. There might be slight differences in setting up this form of file sharing depending on the OS you’re using. Make sure you’ve correctly set up file sharing on your Mac or file sharing on your Linux system. There are also specific steps to set up file sharing correctly on your Windows system.

Another service to consider checking is the UPnP Device Host which is a Win32 service. In Windows 10 /11 it is starting only if the user, an application or another service starts it

Win 11 UPnP often off by default so a network share may no longer be able to be opened.

Thank you and sorry for the long time between replies. I was hospitalized for pneumonia.

I have done all the new steps you have posted and still won’t let me in on my network.

I am sorry to hear that and this is hardly a pressing issue when you have health concerns.

However, you must also realize at some point that this is usually a Microsoft Windows problem, either network or account creation and permission problem that Microsoft should solve. Microsoft is now trading at an all time high with a valuation of $2.7 trillion and they should be able to support their users a little better than they had in the past.

If I were doing this, I would try the following (after making sure PC is backup properly):

• uninstall any VPN type software
  • make sure router is UPnP compatible and enabled
  • uninstall any third party antivirus
  • uninstall and reset network interface and reinstall network
  • Clean install Windows 11 (not upgrade).

after each step, reboot and try and see if Windows 11 Home connects properly to My Cloud Home, making sure network discovery and file discovery has been enabled.

Cheers.