Twonky Upgrade

GOT A follow up question

I got my LG LED tv i.e. it is less than 0.5 year old

and I won’t use wireless WiFi device nor twonky – whatever wireless it is

my computer is next to tv,  so I am thinking and intend to purchase  1  myBOOK to   – 1  doing ghost backup, put a few in mybook external storage

2  digitalise my [edited], so I can watch it on tv –  my tv can cope with 80% of the video format

therefore, my FOLLOW UP question

since you guys use it for tv set

is it a good idea to spend 200 to 400 USD to  get  mybook  for such 2 purpose

or  should I go for some external hard disk  0.5 T,  brand like sharp, fujitsu etc  , and does not require  EXTERNAL power (i.e. transformer) – my notebook is old, just USB 2.0 anyway,  and for my purpose, I don’t really need those fancy software

I could turn on mybook only – when I watch [edited], so I could keep the transformer with no power all the time

I wanna to use firewire 400 to connect to my computer, i.e. firewire 400 to get [edited] into mybook, then USB connect to the TV set all the time

is my plan feasible  or   better not to buy mybook or forget this digitalise MEDIA  idea  or  better get somthing else

welcome to give any comment or suggestion esp if you are experience mybook user

Using WinSCP:

1 - I enter the IP adress and default user, but only accepts my password, does not accept the pass welc0me.

2 - when I try to copy the file install.nas (or any other) from the unzipped folder to the Twonky folder, the following message appears:

Error creating file folder ‘/twonky/install.nas’.

Permission denied.
Error code: 3
Error message from server: Permission denied
Request code: 14

What am I doing wrong?