Torrent app

Hmmm that’s odd. Anyway, the upload script is a bit crappy… I’ve made a few modifications but I’ve not used it on a windows machine yet. I’m using ubuntu 16.04 fyi.

Is this still a problem for you? If so, please add more info as I don’t understand where exactly it is failing.

Hi ,

I was sucessfull to install transmission using Ubuntu. Now the apk is installed and I can see the web interface. However once i add torrent url I get the message: Error adding url…gotMetadataFromURL: http error 0: No Response

Any idea? Thanks

Hi I have been successful in installing the Transmission and now I can download torrents in the default location in Transmission folder. How can I see this folder in my local LAN since you mentioned I cannot use the Public folder? I have Android TV and would like to use VLC but only I can see Public folder of my MCH.

Thanks

Looks like resolv.conf is not readable: Port Tested:http error 0 - Transmission
I’ll see what can be done about that… but seems not that easy.

In the meantime I released the v2.93 build.

How can I get v2.93 build so I can update? Thanks

I tried installing the nzbget apk you have online, but it doesn’t seem to work for me. After installing the APK I get the URL, but that only gives “{“key”:“internalServerError”,“message”:“Internal Server Error”}”.

Tried installing multiple times, uninstalling is not possible as the app doesn’t seem to exist. Are you familiar with this issue? Any pointers?

Thanks for you efforts! Hope you can port many more apps in the future :slight_smile:

hi mate… have you found a working solution? I’m considering purchasing the MCH but if it doesnt have a torrent download app it will be a deal breaker for me. Please advise if you have got it working :slight_smile:

Please try installing it with Ubuntu (e.g. using an Ubuntu live disk or VM). Several others said that the install script doesn’t work over Windows and the WD devs are looking into this issue.

I installed Transmission 2.92 and seems to be loading correctly, however, I added a torrent file and I got this error:

Error: Invalid argument (/data/user/0/com.transmissionbt.wd/auth0|*****************/transmission/completed/X-Men Apocalypse 201

Seems like it downloads a couple of megabytes and stops. I also tried with another torrent of 1.66 GB and it worked.

Any idea of what could be causing this?

See Invalid argument error when adding specific magnet link. · Issue #996 · transmission-remote-gui/transgui · GitHub … try the magnet without dn=xxx

Hi,
I’ve got the same problem with jasonbolbar here.
Then I tried several combinations. It seems that files less than 2GB work fine, and those more than 2GB get the invalid argument error response after download a couple of megabytes.
I’m using Transmission 2.92.
Hope you can tell me how to fix this.
Thank you very much.

Okay thanks for the info.
I reproduced the problem with Monsters From Green Hell 4gb : Director: Kenneth Crane : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive
I’ll need to investigate how to enable LFS (large file support) in the android build.

Thank you.
Wait for the good news.

Any news with the function to download large files ?, something important to add is the option to modify the configuration file of transmission

I’m waiting too…

I’m currently unable to build the project. Not sure where I messed up.
Anyways, here is the source for the transmission binary: GitHub - stefaang/AndroidTransmission
That binary needs to be wrapped in a MCH app like nzbget.

Warning: I don’t provide support to build it / get it running. Use the mycloud developer website.

Hi guys any update on this app?

i dont get programming and stuff so have been waiting on the beta. but can some one write up a 123 steps way for getting the current version to run? i dont know how to run a phython script :s OR should i not risk the data on my drive and just wait for some torrent app?

In this project there’s a java port of the transmission daemon: GitHub - AndreyPavlenko/transmissionbtc: Transmission BitTorrent Client for Android
However the service needs to be wrapped in a MCH app similar to my 2 other apps.

1 Like

It would be great to have it on MCH.

Thank you very much for your efforts Tfl.