Tool to preLoad "Get Info" metadata for movies (no TV series)

I am trying to get the couple of TV series working but with no luck. In this program it states that it is going to www.tvdb.com but this is not a tv website. Should it be going to thetvdb.com?

Hi noob here, for folders (eg. Z:\usb_sync\My_Passport_601E659A1E6569CC\My Movies\Knight and Day\VIDEO_TS) that contain my .VOB files, is there something special I need to do? The .VOB files are named VIDEO_TS.VOB etc. but when I run the tool I get …

“[NOT FOUND] No metadata found in themoviedb.org for file <Z:\usb_sync\My_Passport_601E659A1E6569CC\My Movies\Knight and Day\VIDEO_TS.VOB>” etc.

thx,

Mick

I have been trying to get this to work for a while now with no luck.

This is what I’m getting and I have renamed the files many different ways. 

[NOT FOUND] No metadata found in themoviedb.org for file

<H:\Terminator.Salvation[2009]720p\Terminator.Salvation.2009.mp4>

[NOT FOUND] No metadata found in themoviedb.org for file<H:\Terminator.Salvation[2009]720p\Terminator.Salvation.2009.mp4>

jharper wrote:

I know I sound like  broken record, but…

wouldn’t it be infinitely easier to use Media Center Master or YAMM and write a batch script to resolve differences in the “common” metadata that is generated by either of these? 

Media Center Master (Pete) has resolved the issues of fetching the metadata for Movies AND TV shows, and it can be configured as a completely automated tool running in the background of a PC, waiting for newly captured files to appear in a folder.  There are a few differences in semantics in the files that the Hub needs - such as Plot/Overview/Description or Runtime of “192 min” versus “192” - but I would assume that you guys who program could do this relatively easy.

If anyone is interested and needs metadata files from the Hub and MCM for the same title, please let me know and I will happily provide.

Used the Media Center program and it worked like a charm.  THanks!

Once I use this tool to load the metadata (works great by the way, thanks again) and I try to filter contents based on genre (for example), the only results I get are for the .xml files that were loaded using the very slow “Get Info” tool built into the hub. My apologies if this has already been asked, but does anyone know how to include the fast “pre-loaded” metadata so that when I filter by genre it will shows these as well?

It’s a bug on the hub, or a limitation.   WD hasn’t commented, but owner-provided XML doesn’t actually get used to fill the Media Library.

Also worth mentioning is that the items that have been ‘metadata-ed’ using Get Info show their title properly with no file extension along with the genre being used to filter by genre.  Owner-provided XML shows file extension and does not work with Genre filter.

I hope this is fixed soon.  Is the XML schema different in any way or does the device just know what info has been fetched by what method?  Anyone know?

This tool used to work great for me but now I get a pop-up error box that says “There is an error in XML document (29, 124)” but there are no XML files in the current selected movie directory. Has anyone else had the same issue, and if so what was your solution? I have already tried redownloading the tool in case somehow the original .exe had become corrupted but still had the same result.

Nearly the same problem here:

“There is an error in XML document (29, 119 )”

Just to make sure if I have looked for a solution correctly: Currently it’s not possible to change the title (can change in xml, but does not work in the overview, just in the movie details), correct?

Because when I have a German version of a movie I want to see the German title not the English (e.g. The Reader = Der Vorleser).

I’ve created a thread in the Idea Exchange section requesting that user generated XML files be included in the media library. Please vote for this post so that in the future the XMLs created manually, with tools such and ThumbGen, or loaded with the_roggy’s tool will also become searchable. This way you can search for genre, actor, director, etc., and have movies that you loaded XMLs for show up in the results, as opposed to only those files that you manually did “Get Info” for using the Hub’s built in tool.

Include user loaded XML data in the Media Library

similar message here,  (29 ,117) or (29,118) .  Doesnt work

I’ll look into this tomorrow…

It became “the day after tomorrow” but I fixed it…

www.themoviedb.com changed something in the API… but my code is now updated to the change.

Replaced both new .dll’s. Still getting the same error.

Sorry… stupid mistake from my side… new zip available with 1 .exe and 1 .dll… should be OK now…

https://sites.google.com/site/wdtvlivemetadataloader/downloads

BTW… I made the source code available here:

http://code.google.com/p/wdtvlivemetadataloader/

Never done this before, so if something doesn’t work… let me know.

Hi, first off, this is exactly what I was looking for as I live in the Boonies and high speed internet is just not available but I have a dedicated phone line for my PC which I cannot use on the WDTV Live HUB.

I cannot use the tool !!!

here goes:

Movie Directory: \WDTVLiveHub\My_Book\Movies` New Movies

Logging Directory: C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\Temp\New Movies

I set the tool (Downloaded this morning 3/20/2011) to run as admin.

Windows 7 64 bit ultimate.

My hub is upstairs through a network cable and a linksys wireless.

here is the error:

Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).

error CS0016: Could not write to output file

‘c:\USERS\mIKE\AppData\Local\temp\wwpnzr13.dll’–‘Access id Denied.’

See the thing is that dll does not exist in that location.

Please help, I could fill the metadata by hand but it would take years . . .

Mike.

i’ve got the same os than you

do you install net.framework pack?

First… It is normal that the .dll doesn’t exist yet. The .NET runtime creates .dll’s in runtime to serialize and deserialize xml files efficiently…

I googled around a bit, and I would try those things:

1. Make sure you are owner of the directory where the dll thould be written

→ here you can read how to do this:  http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/windows-7-access-denied-permission-ownership/

1. As patatozor already mentioned, upgrade your .NET framework installation to the newest version, but will take a long while on an non-broadband connection…

→   http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9CFB2D51-5FF4-4491-B0E5-B386F32C0992 

Great tool very handy.

I just like to be able to add a new online source to get movie info from. I’d like something like this for my adult dvds and films. What’s the chances of adding something in to allow users to chance the site for the movie data?

Thanks