Time Zone Setup

Trying to setup my time zone to Eastern but keeps reverting back to pacific time zone when I hit save…any ideas???

Ok, this may sound whacky, but give it a try anyway.   I had a similar (not identical) issue, and worked around it thusly:

On the same page, change the LANGUAGE to something else and save it.

It will kick you back to log-in again, then go back to the same page and set the language back to where you want it.

Now try to set the timezone.

Or try a different browser.

Thanks…different browser worked.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Ok, this may sound whacky, but give it a try anyway.   I had a similar (not identical) issue, and worked around it thusly:

It will kick you back to log-in again, then go back to the same page and set the language back to where you want it.

This didn’t work for me.  I’m on IE11 under Win8.  I don’t want to change browser.  How do we report defects to WD?

splinternet wrote:How do we report defects to WD?

Thru Tech Support.

splinternet wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

This didn’t work for me.  I’m on IE11 under Win8.  I don’t want to change browser.  How do we report defects to WD?

You don’t have to change browser just use another browser for this problem.

Hi,

I have a WD MyCloud box and there is no time setting for New Zealand, so I am only able to set it to the closest available time zone setting, which means the time is always ONE hour difference in time.

I cannot find a setting for (GMT+1300) New Zealand Time Setting - and / or a daylight saving mode setting).

Cheers

Patrick McHale

mchalep wrote:

Hi,

I have a WD MyCloud box and there is no time setting for New Zealand, so I am only able to set it to the closest available time zone setting, which means the time is always ONE hour difference in time.

I cannot find a setting for (GMT+1300) New Zealand Time Setting - and / or a daylight saving mode setting).

Cheers

Patrick McHale

New Zealand is all the way down – second from the bottom of the list – Auckland / Wellington.

It’s GMT+12.

But yeah, the Cloud apparently doesn’t know you’re still in Daylight time for another few weeks…

Just figured this out – the Cloud has a Bug – ONLY in the UI.

The internal clock is correct, and the DST rule is correct:

CloudNAS:/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific# zdump -v /etc/localtime | grep 2013
/etc/localtime Sat Apr 6 13:59:59 2013 UTC = Sun Apr 7 02:59:59 2013 NZDT isdst=1 gmtoff=46800
/etc/localtime Sat Apr 6 14:00:00 2013 UTC = Sun Apr 7 02:00:00 2013 NZST isdst=0 gmtoff=43200
/etc/localtime Sat Sep 28 13:59:59 2013 UTC = Sun Sep 29 01:59:59 2013 NZST isdst=0 gmtoff=43200
/etc/localtime Sat Sep 28 14:00:00 2013 UTC = Sun Sep 29 03:00:00 2013 NZDT isdst=1 gmtoff=46800

I set my Cloud to Auckland time, and it’s showing the correct time:

CloudNAS:/usr/share/zoneinfo/Pacific# date
Wed Mar 12 12:21:39 NZDT 2014

So it knows it’s 12:21:39 PM March 12, but the UI says it’s 11:21:39AM.

EDIT:  Yeah, I messed up above – the GREP should have been 2014 – but that’s just showing the calendar – the bug is the same.