Theme: GoodBye Black Mamba (LinkSheet) Updated Dec 14th

BClark wrote:

ok…did you install the WDLINK software?

I can’t see what the point in installing WDLINK would be if he already has the drive mapped? Just saying…

I also see no way through the web interface to copy files to the hub like the SMP has…so that shouldn’t be a problem.

I wish I had that ■■■■■■ here so I could try it…not that I’m so great or anything. I just would love a shot at figuring it out as I’m intrigued by all this.

I did use the wdlink software. That’s how I mapped it.

The other theme I tried installing was simplicity. Same result.

Two “possible” causes of the Home screen not displaying properly (i’m assuming the rest of the theme views are ok)

The inc_rv_home_menu_node.xml in both themes (Mamba & Simplicity) are full of “carriage returns” or “line breaks”

(the square symbols) and also the “name” could cause problems … eg. name=“Video” should be removed and edited to name=" " to prevent the Hub from displaying the text name (since the theme is using graphics to display the names)

Anyways, here’s an edited and cleaned version of the file

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ztr8ttvmqzktqgn/inc_rv_home_menu_node.xml

(Apply the default “Mochi” Theme 1st [This is important]     then replace and overwite the original inc_rv_home_menu_node.xml in either mamba or simplicity theme …then apply the mamba or simplicity theme again)

Hey Joey… Thanks for that.  Unfortunately that still did not work.  I have secured another hub from a buddy who thought the smp was a better upgrade…lol. I am going to try and install the theme on that hub tomorrow.  I will post back with my results.  THANKS

Ok I got the theme installed on the other hub. I took pics of the hub file structure when I connected it to the pc. There were two folders that weren’t on on mine. They were"CONSOLE" and “.MIOCRAWLER_CACHE”. I had to create a theme folder as there wasn’t one on the hub. As soon as I did that the images appeared in the “.MIOCRAWLER_CACHE” folder. I put the theme on the hub and went to install it. The theme folder was not showing. I upgraded the firmware to the latest. I then was able to see the folder. It still doesn’t show me a preview of theme. I clicked install theme and it did. 

The theme is installed but I find the screen not  to responsive when I hit the buttons on the remote. It appears to be off by a couple of seconds. How is everyone getting themes on their hub? I am thinking that hooking it up to the router could possibly be a problem.

https://imageshack.com/i/jnx8luj

EDIT… I used the file that Joey posted and now all is well. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP AND SUGGESTIONS. Now off to make linksheets !!!

greenlantern5 wrote:

Ok I got the theme installed on the other hub. I took pics of the hub file structure when I connected it to the pc. There were two folders that weren’t on on mine. They were"CONSOLE" and “.MIOCRAWLER_CACHE”. I had to create a theme folder as there wasn’t one on the hub. As soon as I did that the images appeared in the “.MIOCRAWLER_CACHE” folder. I put the theme on the hub and went to install it. The theme folder was not showing. I upgraded the firmware to the latest. I then was able to see the folder. It still doesn’t show me a preview of theme. I clicked install theme and it did. 

The theme is installed but I find the screen not  to responsive when I hit the buttons on the remote. It appears to be off by a couple of seconds. How is everyone getting themes on their hub? I am thinking that hooking it up to the router could possibly be a problem.

https://imageshack.com/i/jnx8luj

EDIT… I used the file that Joey posted and now all is well. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP AND SUGGESTIONS. Now off to make linksheets !!!

Does all of the above info refer to the Hub you borrowed from a friend?

If YOUR hub didn’t have those folders, which it should create on it’s own, I would backup everything I copied to it and use the format drive command from the setting menu and then do a full reset. Then set it up and install the theme again. Sumpin’ ain’t right…

Yes it is the one I borrowed. I did full resets a couple of times. And those folders never appeared. Today I am going to create those folders on mine and see if the theme works then.

I am also keeping the hub I borrowed. Selling it to me for 50.00!!!

greenlantern5 wrote:

I used the file that Joey posted and now all is well. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP AND SUGGESTIONS. Now off to make linksheets !!!

Congrate greenlantern5! This is great news, after all the stuff you have been through to get this up and running. Glad you were persistant instead of giving up. You will really enjoy having the great themes the coders on this board have generously given us access to. 

greenlantern5 wrote:

I am also keeping the hub I borrowed. Selling it to me for 50.00!!!

Sweet. I need some friends like that :cry:

-P

I have a question,

I have the Black Mamba Theme on my WDlive tv hub and I have the thumbgen designer and everything  is working fine.

I both have the WDhub and my 4T USB external hardive up stairs.

Now I picked up a second WDlive tv hub for my downstairs and have installed black mamba on it as well.

Now using my downstairs WDlive tv hub I am connecting to my external USB drive through the network, but not seeing any of the folder graphics nor the movie sheets. Only when I go upstairs and access it from there.

I even copied the mkv files (movie sheets) from upstairs into the downstairs WDtv live so both of them should be exactly the same.

so heres the question,

what am I missing that it won`t show the movie sheets and folder jpg downstairs, even though they show up upstairs,

and 2 in the fufture does this mean that I am now going to have to make 2 movie sheets 1 for each machine?

Any thoughs are greatly apreciated,

Thanks,

soundguy

soundguy,

i think you need the sheet.jpg in the theme folder of your new hub for that to function properly…so to answer your 2nd question that would be it…To answer the first question…i have one…is your 4tb usb drive plugged into your upstairs hub?If so this might be your issue.Can you plug your drive directly into your router so both hubs can view the contents without going thru each other.Just wondering…not sure of your set-up.

Hey Bclark,

Is there a sheet.jpg I can`t even find it anywhere on my upstairs Live Huub,

If you mean the movies sheets generated by Thumbsgen and the renaiming the files to match the file name and ext of the movie, yes thats already done.

Yes the Usb external drive is pluged in via usb to the live upstairs.

I was going to try and bring the drive dowstairs and plug it into the new just to see if it would connect and resfresh the images,

If thats the problem I would have to get some network hub that accepts a usb turning it into a network drive. As I maid the mistake of getting a usb drivie thinking it would work.

It is sort of disapointing as the 2nd live hub plays all the videos fine it just doesn`t load any of the movie sheets and dvd covers. the odd folder it does pick up, but not until you go into it.

Is there any media sharing setting that need to be adjusted between the 2 hubs that would block the graphics some how, although it playing all the files.

again all the help is greatly apreciated,

thanks,

soundguy

soundguy…

did you try hooking your 4tb into the hub downstairs to see if it shows the files correctly?

i dont have two hubs so i cant see how they mesh …but i dunno if this is a theme problem.

Did you name the hubs differently on the network as that can be an isssue?!

Just a thought, have you given each Hub a unique name on your network?

BClark wrote:> i dont have two hubs so i cant see how they mesh …but i dunno if this is a theme problem.

Did you name the hubs differently on the network as that can be an isssue?!

My neighbor bought a WDTV Live Hub for Christmas and wants me to set it up for him …

I’ll give it a try when he “lends” it to me :smiley:

Hi guys,

I just tried bring down the drive and trying it directly into the second machine,
 and it worked perfectly, exactly the same as the other machine, all the dvd covers and movie sheets all showed up.

When it hooked up directly you use the my media library or local media as the source however when you go though the network you have to select media server and select the wdlive option and then select by folder.

Now under network shares there is only windows media, which I don`t know if I pluged a network hardrive in would give me another option there or not much less make the dvd covers and movie sheets work or not either.

Something to consider, if it would make a difference putting it on the netrwork as a network drive, I was thinking about getting a network switch for upstairs, anyways, as I could use a few more ethernet ports up there for various other devices from time to time. If I go that route I could look for one that has the usb jacks as well and turn that usb drive into a network drive and share it amoung the 2 hubs.

The only thing is I don`t even know if that one fix the dvd cover and movie sheet issue.

So as of right now, as log as I am connected to the local media server via the usb and looking at the tv that directly attached to it, then the dvd covers and movie sheets all work, however if I try and access it though the network, they don`t.

Joey,

If you could try and experiment with that, that would be much apreciated,

I don`t know what your setup is, but if you could look into that, I would apreciate it,

I am a bit confused at the moment, I don`t know if a network drive would do much difference than my current setup or not.

I again apreciate all your guys help,

Thanks,

soundguy

This should work fine if you have both HUBs set up the same way. I am currently doing this with Simplicity but have tried it with GBBM.

The linksheets for each movie have to be in the theme root on BOTH LiveHUBs. Everytime I add a movie or TV show I copy the linkhseet to each device. I have all of my media on a PC, that both WD’s can access via network shares. That PC has the movies and their covers in the same directories.

When I access a movie from either of the WDs, I get the linkhseet pulled up from that WD device, and the movie cover pulled across my network from the PC that has all the movies. I would not use the media library. DeVicious noted in her instructions that she had come across some issues when it was on.

Try accessing the videos from a network drive on a PC from both HUBS and see what happens. Not sure why it would make a difference but you mention it, and it does seem to work for me.

Good Luck

-P

the hub wants the linksheets in the theme folder, the easiest way would be to automatically make a “backup” on the second hub through your network and make each hub a network drive for one another. That would work smoothly. I am sure there are some super high tech solutions to work around is, the question is why bother when it is so simple? :smileyvery-happy:

Just to clairfy,

I did copy all the linksheets that I created  from hub 1 to the second hub, so the 2 hubs should be exact;y the same.

And yes I renamed the 2nd hub so each hub has its own name and can be access individually from my PC.

3rdly That deals with the links sheets, but tell me something else, why isn`t the folder.jpg and the movie dvd cover .jpg’s even showing up. Thery are on the xternal hardrive with the movies, and both hubs are accessing them just like the movie.

I could understand if just the movie sheets didn`t show up since the files have to be renamed to match the movie file, and then placed in the WDTV drive uder the theme/blackmamba folder. And if it works for 1 that way it should work that for the second.

If I still can`t get it to work,

I will definetly try turning that usb drive to a network drive and going that route.

Thanks again for the suggestion guys, every suggestion you guys make you guys give me other things to try,

I really apreciate it,

thanks,

soundguy